Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Shleby
Beginner September 2010

Slightly O/T FYEO Photoshoot

Shleby, 27 of December of 2009 at 20:02 Posted on Planning 0 39

I was thinking of having one of these boudoir photoshoots done as a present for h2b on the wedding day. Does anyone know any where in Glasgow that do this sort of thing.

Thanks

xx

39 replies

Latest activity by alexcat, 2 of January of 2010 at 16:39
  • Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

Check out NikkiVN, a member on here...Based in Edinburgh although will travel.

Peter

• Shleby
    Beginner September 2010
    Shleby ·
    • Hide content

Thanks peter will check it out.

xx

• sidsidney
    Beginner
    sidsidney ·
    • Hide content

Sorry to hijack your thread Shleby, but has anyone out there actually had a boudoir photo session? What did you think of the results? I am also interested in doing something like this, but it's gonna take a lot of courage....! lol.

Sid xx

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

I have done this with a close photographer friend of mine and have the pictures put onto DVD as a gift to my H2B. I love them and they are a fantastic way of giving you confidence which I really needed.

They are nothing to risque- just elegant and provocative. I cant wait to show them off!

• debbydoo
    Beginner May 2009
    debbydoo ·
    • Hide content

There's a place on Great Western Rd called Beautifully Boudoir who do it. Don't have any personal experience of them but found them when I looked into it.

Never plucked up the courage to go ahead with it though! HTH x

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

How about anyone in Essex? Anyone know of anyone?

TIA!

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

I had a session done but I travelled to the other end of the country for it so can't recommend anyone in Glasgow.

I absolutely loved the results and was as proud as punch to show them off. Someone commented on the fact I have an image framed in the house but why not as I love it and it doesn't show anything at all. This is it

It was nerve racking doing it and standing nearly naked is strange at first so you do need to trust the photographer and also like them. I would have only used one specific photographer, Teri M who is a hib on here, as I had already met her and have seen a lot of her work. I've seen other images from different companies and I didn't like their style so make sure you like their previous work and talk to the photographer about the sort of result you want.

If you want to see other images I have just let me know and I'll email you some of the other 'safe' stuff.

Lynsey x

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

That is a lovely photo PG.....hmm, couldnt imagine Jim doing that.....loololololololoololol....

• T
    Tim Driver ·
    • Hide content

I too would reccomend Nikki - I know her through other photography organisations and she is a very talented photogrtapher as well as a nice person

Tim

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

This got me thinking... Just done a quick search and found an FYEO "mini" shoot for £50. Now for that price I could be tempted...

It doesn't give too much info but it may be something I'll look into more.

• J
    jone ·
    • Hide content

The thing these photo shoots are good one you have to ask to any photographer or

Their are many sites which are available to give you the complete information.

Thanks

Jone

• sidsidney
    Beginner
    sidsidney ·
    • Hide content

I found a couple of places nearer to home this morning so I think that I am v tempted now.

I just have a nagging doubt in my mind that - regardless of how good the photographer and make up artists are - I will still look pants! Most of the decent packages seemed to be about around £250, and its a fair bit to spend on a few photos of me if the results arent as good as I expected.

The example photos all seem to be of women who I would consider ' thin', so its probably easy to get them into a pose that looks attractive. Guess I need to get in contact with some of the companies and see if they have some size 16+ ladies I can have a gander at ! I need to see how good they are at hiding belly rolls in photos...!!! lol

Sid

x

• Shleby
    Beginner September 2010
    Shleby ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thats the same thougths i was having sid.

xx

• sidsidney
    Beginner
    sidsidney ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Arent our insecurities great??!

I hate not being able to tell OH wedding stuff!! This is the kind of thing that I want his opinion on but I know it should be a surprise! I suppose I know at the back of my mind that even if I think I look a heffer on the photos he will probably think they are great!!

xx

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The answer is for the photographer to discuss this with the client and if necessary target the photography on the "positive" elements and strengths that all people have. The photo posted above is an example. I don't know Perfect Gems, although it is an example pose of how those "belly rolls" could be hidden if necessary. (I am not suggesting that the image above was photographed in this manner to avoid any "belly rolls")

Peter

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

? you are right though Peter as I told Teri which parts I didn't want to expose in an unflattering way and she did exactly what I wanted. Nothing was photographed in a way I didn't like. Material was used to drape over certain areas or hands put in certain positions all to ensure my good bits were shown and bad bits hidden without it looking like I was covering them up.

I'm not a perfect size by any means and certainly wouldn't normal let anyone other than H see me naked as I have body hangups but one thing the session taught me was that if I can look like I did then the girls in magazines don't look like they do in print in normal life! Airbrushing is a wonderful thing as well as a good photographer who knows your good angles, how to have the lighting etc etc.

• NikkiVN
    NikkiVN ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the recommendations guys.

I am revamping my "breathless" price list in the New Year, with collections starting at £150.

And please don't knock boudoir photography if you think you are "too big"; some of the best shots I have taken over the past 7 years of "breathless" have been of average sized girls, not thin models; it's all about being comfortable in your skin.

• NikkiVN
    NikkiVN ·
    • Hide content

Oh and Purrfect Gems has NO belly rolls! I have photographed her in the past and she is stunning (and now on display in a local venue's sample album!)

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Really?! At the same venue you used? Cooolll. Unfortunately I do have belly rolls now but am on the case to sort that next year! Teri doesn't have any pictures which expose my tummy I don't think which was my main worry.

I never thought I'd want to do a session but I think I got more out of it than my H getting the album as my confidence got a small boost.

• K
    Beginner July 2010
    kerryanneellis ·
    • Hide content

Hi All

I had mine done by FYEO at High Wycombe i actually won the shoot on Hitched!! it was an absolutely liberating experience once i got over my initial nnervousness, one i would definatelty repeat in the future and reccomend to all girlies!!!

I can highly reccomend FYEO but it is not as cheap as you think the photos are expensive to buy but if like me you want your photos then buy the copyright and then you can do what you like My OH has them as his screensaver on his laptop much to my annoyance!!!

The photos i am left with are amazing even the rique ones!! Ive shown a few close freinds who are amazed in fact in our new house i will be getting a few big canvasses of some of the ones where you cant see my face this is my favourate photo taken and you woulodnt know its me.....

• Shleby
    Beginner September 2010
    Shleby ·
    • Hide content

Hi nikki just wondering if you got the email i sent you xx

• NikkiVN
    NikkiVN ·
    • Hide content

Yes I replied yesterday, did you not get it?

• Teri_M
    Teri_M ·
    • Hide content

Just wanted to verify that PurrfectGems definately didn't have any tummy rolls, lol. That shot was to show off her amazing eyes, which to me can be as sexy as hell Smiley smile There are full length shots to prove the lack of tummy rolls, but I suspect Lyns wants to keep those to just herself and her hubby, lol. Smiley winking

Also wanted to say that Nikki is awesome, so if you are up her way at all, you can be sure she will create amazing images of you.

Lastly, Merry Christmas everyone Smiley smile

Teri

• Shleby
    Beginner September 2010
    Shleby ·
    • Hide content

No nikki i never got it sorry. xx

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Aw thanks. I was going to flash one of my favourite pics which doesn't show anything really but then thought that people might think I was too up myself for flashing it. To be honest it wouldn't really bother me if anyone saw my album (apart from my parents, lol) because I'm very proud of it which is all down to you taking such lovely photographs.

x

• Beccy Sprout
    Beginner
    Beccy Sprout ·
    • Hide content

I can second Teri M too as she did my shoot and not only is she an absolute doll she's very talented and did wonders to hide my rolls!!

This was one of my favourite "safe" pics

(same as you Lyns, don't want to flash too much!)

• Shleby
    Beginner September 2010
    Shleby ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Both pics are lovely makes me want it done even more now lol xx

• Teri_M
    Teri_M ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Beccy! I has a blast with you as well, we should get together just for fun once the New Year settles down Smiley smile

I love doing weddings, but I have to say, it's doing these little boudoir sessions that I have the most fun creatively. It's very girly, giggly, and loads of fun in general. I would say that feeling comfortable with the photographer you use is a very important aspect of doing these. Look at their work, and determine from that the style you like, and then just go for it. Some do mostly only studio work, with lots of lights etc, some like myself like to use a location with great natural light for a different take on it. It's not about how undressed you are tho, it's about revealing the secret side of yourself that you only show your OH, either dressed or undressed. I'm going to also be revamping for 2010, so at the moment I'm only taking names for a wating list for the new announcements.

Those on the fence,, do it for yourself, you will be shocked how great it makes you feel. Smiley smile

Teri

• Beccy Sprout
    Beginner
    Beccy Sprout ·
    • Hide content

Absolutely my lovely, will email you!

....and with regard to your last quote, I absolutely agree with how great it makes you feel!!

• shoegal01
    Beginner October 2010
    shoegal01 ·
    • Hide content

Wow sprouty and Lyns you hotties!!!

OF COURSE we bloody want more pics please!!!!

I would love to do one of these but im a wimp

• C
    Beginner May 2011
    Curly Panda ·
    • Hide content

I'd love to do something like this for my own self confidence and for OH to have something special of me as he keeps whinging he hasn't got any pix of me (he has pleanty but i tend to run away from the camera as i hate having pix taken)

cp xx

• Beccy Sprout
    Beginner
    Beccy Sprout ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Shoey you loon, why are you being a wimp... seriously, if a heifer like me can get away with it (courtesy of a very talented lady, Teri M) then you my beauty will fecking love doing it!! Teri made me feel so at ease (not that I'm an uber shy sort) that I really didn't care I had my ❤️❤️ on show!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics