Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

bls14
Beginner September 2011

Slightly O/T - has anyone used Norethisterone tablets to delay period???!

bls14, 11 May, 2011 at 11:51 Posted on Planning 0 15

As the title says my Dr told me about a tablet you can take 3 days before due to delay period, you have to take every day (3 times a day i think!) until you are ok for period to arrive!

Has anyone taken this or know anythign about it?

xx

15 replies

Latest activity by bls14, 12 May, 2011 at 11:20
  • AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

I took them some years ago and they worked very well with no noticeable side effects.

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

I've heard of this but for me its just not natural, but then again I can totally understand the practicality of it. Google it?

• bls14
    Beginner September 2011
    bls14 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Amnesia Custard thats good to know and yeah Claire_lou52 i have googled - seems ok and quite a lot of ppl use it but nervous!

Thankfully i am PA to a Doctor so i will break the whole employee/boss conversations that are suitable haha and ask her i think!

Maybe i'll try soon so enough time before wedding....

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

It's a progesterone hormone and is present in regular contraceptive pills. If you've ever taken a regular contraceptive pill, you'll know that you can run packets together to prevent having a period for a month. These tablets simply stop your periods and are used not just for timing but also to treat dysfunctional periods, endometriosis, etc. If you tolerate hormonal treatment well (i.e. have taken the pill with no problems) you'll be fine.

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

I am going to ask my GP about this nearer the time I think. Let us know how you get on with it.

• bls14
    Beginner September 2011
    bls14 ·
    • Hide content

Will do jojo2 - decided it can do no harm in trying it this month with still 3 months to go i have time Smiley smile

• Tray1980
    Beginner July 2013
    Tray1980 ·
    • Hide content

When I was on the pill I used it to delay my period further when I was on holiday and had no noticeable side-effects.

• sapphire_22
    Beginner September 2011
    sapphire_22 ·
    • Hide content

I've used them several times and they've been fine.

• Elphaba
    Beginner December 2011
    Elphaba ·
    • Hide content

I think I took these when I went on holiday when I was 18. They worked but made me feel like I had horrendous PMT!! That could have been being a teenager tho!

• M
    Beginner October 2011
    Mrs Poon ·
    • Hide content

Hey,

Can't you just continue onto the next packet of your pill (assuming that's what you use). That's what I will be doing if my cycle falls on the wedding weekend and honeymoon x

• excitedbee
    Beginner February 2011
    excitedbee ·
    • Hide content

As already said it is high level progesterone, so be cautious if you are sensitive to hormone changes. I still get adult acne which is made worse with hormaonal changes. I used these tablets for 2 weeks when i was on holiday about 6 years ago and they made my spots horrendous! I looked like i had measels!. So i've vowed never to take it again, and for the same reason won't use the mini-pill. But if you are fine with things like that you should be ok.

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

I have took them a few years ago. I have a coil fitted.

they worked well for me , with no side effects

xx

• MonaLisaBrideToBe
    Beginner June 2012
    MonaLisaBrideToBe ·
    • Hide content

Hi I have taken them a few times now!

I first did when I was going on my D of E expedition and then again when I have been on holidays.

I had no side effects but please remember to take them or otherwise your period will start (sounds obvious but its easy to forget) Smiley smile

Hope this helps! x

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes, I have, on more than one occasion and plan to use it again for my wedidng as I may be due around then. The only downside is that every time I used it, the next time I got my period it was quite painful (which I normally don't experience) and lasted longer than normal by 2 days... Doc's correct, that's how I took it.

• E
    Beginner October 2011
    englishrosebride ·
    • Hide content

I went on holiday trekking in the Himalayas last year and one of the ladies on our trip took these. She said they worked well for a while but then they stopped working. Think she was trying to keep taking them for best part of 3 weeks and they're not designed for that.

• bls14
    Beginner September 2011
    bls14 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone, i would only need to take it i think for 3 days to be honest anyway so i'll give it a go this month and see how i get on!

I'm not on the pill and dont really want to go back on it. x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics