Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

jenny18/11/11
Rockstar November 2011

slightly random - would you class November as being Autumn or Winter?

jenny18/11/11, 15 October, 2010 at 22:38 Posted on Planning 0 19

The reason I ask is when I have mentioned to people that we are having an Autumn wedding, a number of people, when I have then told them the date, have said things along the lines of "don't you mean a winter wedding"?

I'm not really bothered by that, my only slight concern is that whilst I haven't decided on a colour scheme yet, I had been leaning towards the idea of an Autumnal feel (warm orange/brown/red etc), and I'm now starting to wonder if that may look a bit out of place if the weather is more wintery and/or if all the leaves have fallen off the trees by then (can't for the life of me remember if there are usually still leaves on the trees at that time of year).

Just looking for opinions really - if people think an Autumnal colour scheme would work, and, if not, which colours may be better suited?

19 replies

Latest activity by mrslowndes2b, 16 October, 2010 at 16:16
  • teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Autumnal colours would work with november.....i associate Nov with fireworks afterall which are reds and oranges and yellows (in my mind...)

however, up here in scotland I think Nov is winter time....which last right through till february Smiley smile

• fluffymalone
    Beginner May 2011
    fluffymalone ·
    • Hide content

Are you getting married early November??

I seem to think that the leaves are still on the trees then, and still those gorgeous red/orange colours.

And then of course multicoloured on bonfire night!!

Not that Im an expert of course but can imagine how lovely your colour scheme will be xx

• froggy29400
    Beginner October 2010
    froggy29400 ·
    • Hide content

I'd say autumn definitely, it's not winter until December!

• LollyB
    Beginner September 2010
    LollyB ·
    • Hide content

I've always thought of November being winter....don't think it'll matter too much for ur color scheme tho. It will be lovely regardless xx

• jenny18/11/11
    Rockstar November 2011
    jenny18/11/11 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm getting married on the 18th, so I guess it's more mid-November. I think I may just have started worrying unecessarily, I'm guessing the colours should still be okay even if the leaves have all fallen off by then.

• jenny18/11/11
    Rockstar November 2011
    jenny18/11/11 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's what I thought froggy - I guess people's definitions vary though, I have one friend who insists February is the start of Spring!

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

I would class it as a winter wedding, but the colours are still lovely

• TheCakeNinja
    TheCakeNinja ·
    • Hide content

Astronomically, in UK autumn begins with the September equinox (around September 23) and ends with the December solstice (around December 21).

I think in general we think of November as winter simply because its the end of the year but im with you, its deffo Autumn and you will have all those lovely rich colours around still hopefully ?

• froggy29400
    Beginner October 2010
    froggy29400 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I always imagine February really cold! Not Spring until late March (whenever I see the 1st daffodils!)!

• froggy29400
    Beginner October 2010
    froggy29400 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

People thought I was crazy when I used these dates as "season dates", I've always learnt 23rd Sept/21st Dec/21st March/21st June for start/end of seasons. H2B says November is 100% winter and I 100% disagree with him ?

• smiles12
    Beginner
    smiles12 ·
    • Hide content

My birthday is in Mid November and I would have always classed it was winter. However your colours are lovely, warm shades and I think would be beautiful any time in winter or autumn. You have no need to worry at all! Is it this November?

• jenny18/11/11
    Rockstar November 2011
    jenny18/11/11 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's not until November next year, so still got plenty of time to decide. Going on the feedback from all you lovely ladies though I think I've been reassured that the colour scheme will still work even if the weather is a bit more wintery, so think I am going to go for the orange/brown/red colours.

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

I class it as winter myself, I'm getting married 26th Nov.

It doesn't matter what colours you use though tbh, can use whatever you want at any time of the year.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

It is one of those months where it can be either.

Either cold enough to be Winter or mild enough to be Autumn.

• Shnarfy1
    Beginner November 2010
    Shnarfy1 ·
    • Hide content

I class November as Winter personally, everyone has different opinions on it! Your colours will still go regardless!

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

November is autumn. But you can have whatever colours you want regardelss of season or anyone else's opinion.

• mrsgreatbatch2b
    Beginner July 2012
    mrsgreatbatch2b ·
    • Hide content

Officially it's still Autumn even tho it feels like winter.

Autumn is Sept, Oct, Nov. Think leaves, Harvest and Halloween.

Winter is Dec, Jan and Feb. Think, snow and christmas

Spring is March, April and May. Think new flowers and lambs

Summer is June, July and August, Think hopefully sun and seaside.

• yummymummy05
    Beginner November 2010
    yummymummy05 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

My wedding is november and in my opinion - its autumn! I'm having red and silver as my main colours.

• M
    Beginner July 2010
    mrslowndes2b ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is what Ive always thought as well!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics