Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner July 2013

Slim Fast

churchbride, 26 of October of 2011 at 10:59 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 12

Hi

Quite an easy one - Has anyone done Slim Fast? How did you find it? How much did you loose? I have about 2 stone to loose and would like to drop 2 dress sizes. I dont want to do it as a permenant thing as i have a year to loose it, but would just like to give myself a kick start!

Thanks

12 replies

Latest activity by Jennifer, 30 of December of 2023 at 09:48
  • G
    Beginner April 2012
    gettinghitched2012 ·
    • Hide content

I ususally have one for lunch and find it helps.... ive lost 1 stone and 6 pound in two months

• gemchoo
    Beginner May 2012
    gemchoo ·
    • Hide content

I tried it but i struggled with it TBH. I found i was still hungry.

I'm trying optislim now (will try anything!!) this seems to be working better for me, i find the shakes and soups filling so fingers crossed!! x

• C
    Beginner July 2013
    churchbride ·
    • Hide content

Ooo ok this fills me with hope, i have been looking on the net where to buy from as it is a bit expensive isnt it! i shall try it next week, weight myself last night and could have cried so need to do something!!!

• M
    mg2012 ·
    • Hide content

I've also heard that you can be hungry with the Slimfast shakes. I do Herbalife and find them very filling. If you want some more info about it, please let me know

• NorthumberlandBride
    NorthumberlandBride ·
    • Hide content

I tried it and i was hungry, i think youre better to just stick with balanced lunches and things and staying off things high in salt and fat, and have plenty fibe.

it works for some but i was just really hungry all the time.

• becomingmrsevans
    Beginner August 2012
    becomingmrsevans ·
    • Hide content

I've done this before for only 1 - 2 weeks - with the shakes only, I had to give up as I almost fainted - luckily H2B was with me, got me home and fed me some proper food. But I know it's worked for friends before, just not for me.

• NorthumberlandBride
    NorthumberlandBride ·
    • Hide content

Slim fast is the same stuff bodybuilders use, only youre not eating with it. tbh i really wouldnt advise it. healthy balanced diet is way better for you

• H
    harryson9890 ·
    • Hide content

The Slim-Fast plan involves six small meals/snacks every day. You are advised to use Slim-Fast products for two meals and one snack daily.

The rest of the day, you're on your own -- to choose healthy meals when eating out or cooking at home. No calorie counting is necessary, says Slim-Fast. No foods are forbidden; you can still eat your favorites. However, lean protein, fruits, and vegetables are emphasized.

• H
    harryson9890 ·
    • Hide content

The Slim-Fast plan involves six small meals/snacks every day. You are advised to use Slim-Fast products for two meals and one snack daily.

The rest of the day, you're on your own -- to choose healthy meals when eating out or cooking at home. No calorie counting is necessary, says Slim-Fast. No foods are forbidden; you can still eat your favorites. However, lean protein, fruits, and vegetables are emphasized.

• X
    Beginner
    xpressmedcare ·
    • Hide content

It is not a single day fight. It is a process of patience and hard work. You have to maintain a good diet with exercise.

• S
    skrob ·
    • Hide content

I agree with you.

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

Slim fast is great if you desperately need to lose half a stone in 3 weeks for a special event (e.g. those last few pesky pounds coz your dress is too tight), but it's really hard to stick to and you invariable feel hungry most of the time. I lost 2lbs in a week, ended up hungry miserable and constipated. And the weight goes straight back on afterwards - your body switches to 'feast and famine' mode and you get rebound weight gain.

You'd be better off following a proper diet if time is not an issue.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics