Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner August 2013

Slimming body wrap?

Riablo, 15 of August of 2013 at 02:01 Posted on Planning 0 2

I'm off to the spa (yippee!!) for my hen do on Friday, exactly a week before my wedding (yippee again!).

I'm looking at the treatments they have on offer and can't help being curious about the slimming contour body wrap. I imagine the effects are only temporary but I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience of these kind of treatments and whether they would make me feel any slimmer all round for my wedding day.

It's £60 so quite a lot of money and don't want to do it just for the experience, only if it is likely to have results. also wondering if those results would last 7 days and whether there is any chance I could have a reaction to any of the things in the wrap...don't want to go all red and blotchy or anything like that.

Would love to hear your experiences and whether you think ti would be worthwhile. i did really well with my weight loss for a long time but these last few weeks I have been eating junk and missing meals...really worried the pounds have piled back on and not looking my best at all which seems a shame after all that hard work and exercise.

2 replies

Latest activity by dnellies, 15 of August of 2013 at 10:19
  • A
    Beginner August 2013
    Alipops1986 ·
    • Hide content

I had exactly that - an inch loss wrap last Sunday, 5 days before my wedding - get married tomorrow.

I've had great results - lost 15" in total, with best results around my abdomen and tummy!!

The process was ok, although a little restrictive in movement and hot/sweaty but worth it for those results.

I had no reactions at all and my skin is super soft. There are recommendations to avoid: tea, coffee, sugar, sweet items, fried/fatty foods to maximize results but to be honest, the results last for 30 days anyway and I've been so busy I haven't 100% stuck to the advice but can still feel a bit difference in myself.

hope that helps,

Alipops x

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

My friend had one the day before her wedding and lost 11 inches. Yes it's temporary, but if you want a quick fix for the big day then it's probably worth it.

• D
    Beginner August 2013
    dnellies ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the replies!

Glad to hear you both got on with it so well.

When they quote inches is that the total inch loss all over your body? What would be the total waist or stomach inch loss? (Can you tell where my problem areas are lol!). also did it do anything to tighten up your arms (I've got slight bingo wings going on!).

Also do you mind me asking what sort of price you paid? My salon are charging £65 for an 1hr 10mins wrap, not sure if that is normal.

Thanks very much for the help...I hadn't even thought of it before but as the date gets closer the thought of being a few inches slimmer for the photos and in my dress is very tempting!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics