Beginner October 2010

Slimming World

shoegal01, 15 February, 2012 at 11:23 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 30

Hi Guys,

for those who have tried slimming world i have a few questions if i may -

How much weight did you lose?

Would you recomend it?

How many sins did you have a day?

Was it time consuming to cook the recomended recipies?

30 replies

Latest activity by LoveSka, 15 February, 2012 at 15:20
  • Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

How much weight did you lose? 3stone 1 lb, and still going!!

Would you recomend it? YES!! si the only thing thats been successful for me, and you can eat shed loads!!

How many sins did you have a day? They say between 10-15, i have around 13 normally but you can sue them flexibley!

Was it time consuming to cook the recomended recipies? No, same as youd normally take to cook meals, you just substitute some things!!

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Are you aiming to be a 'worldie' Shooey?

• shoegal01
    Beginner October 2010
    shoegal01 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

HAHAHHA yes! I want to be a Worldie with a VIP edge!!

Thanks Flo, thats really helpful. Feck me 3 stone is a massive acheivement - WELL DONE!

Im going to go to a group today so hopefully this will give me the motivation to shed the married lbs!

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

How much weight did you lose?

I've only followed it for 2 weeks and on my first weigh in lost 4 lbs and my second weigh in (after eating shed loads of chocolate, crisps and a chinese!) I lost 2.5 lbs so 6.5 lbs in two weeks so far.

Would you recomend it?

Definitely. I didn't see how eating so much food could make you lose weight at first so I just went along to weigh ins and calorie counted rather than do the SW plan. I lost half a pound and that was it after eating less than 1200 cals a day. Only when doing the SW have the pounds started to budge.

How many sins did you have a day?

Well until Monday I thought we were allowed 25 syns a day ? I didn't eat all of those every day but I did on some days! I'm now trying to stick to 10.

Was it time consuming to cook the recomended recipies?

No! They are so easy I think they're the best part about SW.

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

SHOOOOOOOO!!!!! Good to "see" you, petal.

How much weight did you lose? Lost almost a stone since 4th January (getting weighed tonight, so will update that loss later)

Would you recomend it? Definitely

How many sins did you have a day? up to 10, but usually none/hardly any

Was it time consuming to cook the recomended recipes? Not really

• Soybean
    Beginner March 2011
    Soybean ·
    • Hide content

I am in my third week and have lost 7.5 lbs so far and weigh in again tomorrow.

I would highly recommend it as it really educates you on healthy choices you don't need to go hungry, there are plenty of options to fill up on and most importantly it is easy to follow.

I keep hearing mixed messages about syns, some peopple say you should have all your sins per day but I really cannot understand how it is better to have have two packets of hula hoops per day (12 syns) than not. So I normally have about 5 a day, just using dressings etc.

Not time consuming at all as the recipes are simple. The only big tip that is time consuming is menu planning. I think the key is to have all your meals planned, that way there is no room for cheating because I don't have the right ingredients etc

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

How much weight did you lose? Almost a stone since August, but I didn't have a huge amount to lose. Mr Knees has lost two stone

Would you recomend it? Definitely! If you like your food (like I do) and like big portions, it's the best diet there is.

How many sins did you have a day? They say 10-15. For most of last week, I had around 8. For most of this week I've been over 15 as I made cupcakes on the weekend and had a couple of glasses of wine last night.

Was it time consuming to cook the recomended recipies? No more time consuming than any other recipe. I've always tried to cook from scratch, even when not on SW, so it's not a huge difference to me. If you're not used to cooking meals from scratch, then yes, I guess it's a bit more time consuming than opening a jar. You do need to plan what day you're having (red, green, extra easy) and work out whether you need to e.g. save a Healthy Extra A for your dinner, but once you get used to it it's fine!

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

I am in my second week of the plan and have lost 10lbs!

I agree with HT - I tried calorie counting myself at 1400 calories a day and put on 1 lb a week. I honestly believe (for me anyway) that the more I eat (of the right stuff) the more I'll lose. This is backed up by the - 5 result a week on SW to the + 1 calorie counting!

I've got into a routine of pre-preparing food on the plan, so I'm actually taking less time to cook as I'm cooking batches and freezing. Usually I'd get home from and be starving so have two bits of toast while I decided what to to cook for dinner, then cook it. I've made free pasta sauces and the like so I'll just put on some pasta/rice etc. depending on what I'm having and while it's boiling I'll make my packed lunch for the next day. All in all less time and two meals done basically!

• Nubbin
    Beginner January 2012
    Nubbin ·
    • Hide content

I'm going back to slimming world next Thursday too.

Always the Bridesmaid - Am I right in thinking you are Glasgow based? If so, what class is it you go to?

• Soybean
    Beginner March 2011
    Soybean ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

10lbs is amazing! well done, do you mind giving me a couple of days examples of what you are eating please?

• shoegal01
    Beginner October 2010
    shoegal01 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone for sharing your stories. Some amazing results.

what plans do you all follow?

The rep at slimming world i just went to only talked about 'The Easy Extra' plan - is this what everyone else follows?

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

I'm on Extra Easy too.

• shoegal01
    Beginner October 2010
    shoegal01 ·
    • Hide content

oh good we can be plan buddies!

Was just looking at the recepies online and some of them require a lot of ingredients i dont have so this week is going to be a expensive shop!!

I too have a very large appetite (read PIG) so hopefully this will be the diet for me.

• ashlil
    Beginner February 2011
    ashlil ·
    • Hide content

Wow Shoey - where have you been MIA?

i've been on SW since 3rd Jan and lost 10.5lbs did EE For 4 weeks and switched to Red last 2 weeks

totally recommend it

• shoegal01
    Beginner October 2010
    shoegal01 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know ive been naughty and not been on for a while. Real busy with work.

Well done Ash 10.5 is FAB!!

I am confussed now though.

I just looked in my book and Special K is a syn??? whats that all about?

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

yeh special K isnt your friend on SW!! weetabix is tho lol

I dont do EE, never worled for me, os i do red and green days!"

• shoegal01
    Beginner October 2010
    shoegal01 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

So pasta is free but special K is a syn!! gosh this is going to be harder than i thought.............my brain isnt like this already haa

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

I do red and green and have just started doing extra easy on the weekends (previously did nothing on the weekends!).

Personally I prefer red and green because you get two healthy Bs, which I miss when doing EE.

Today is a green day and I'm away in our branch office and for the first time, I've brought my lunch with me. Here's an example of what I've eaten/will be eating today:

Pre-packed fruit salad - free

Cherry muller light - free

Apple - free

Banana - free

Diet Coke - free

Black tea - free

Mini oreo cheesecake - 3.5 syns

Massive pasta salad (pasta, cherry tomatoes, peppers, sweetcorn with fat free natural yoghurt and 2 tbsps extra light mayo) - 1 syn

Ryvita fruit crunch x 2 - Healthy B

Mini tub of chocolate Philadelphia - 4.5 syns

So I've already eaten loads and I still have my other Healthy B and my Healthy A left for dinner which will be:

Wholemeal pitta (Healthy B) stuffed with onion, potato and cheese (Healthy A) to make a kind of pasty, with SW chips (free) and beans (free).

I've had 9 syns so far today, so I still have enough for something small if I wanted, perhaps another oreo cheesecake, but in all likelihood, my dinner will be so big I won't want anything.

• shoegal01
    Beginner October 2010
    shoegal01 ·
    • Hide content

Wow Knees that is alot of food.

I just cant work out how eating that lot you can lose weight - my mind is boggling! That seems like alot of food for a 'diet' but i guess you are all proof it works.

He didnt really explain the red and green days so ill have a look through the book at them.

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey - can you tell me more about these please?! Love Oreos - where do I buy/how to make them?! Ta muchly!

• shoegal01
    Beginner October 2010
    shoegal01 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

and the chocolate philadelphia!! what is this = i need it in my life

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's exactly what I thought. I don't know how it works - but it does!

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

The Oreo Cheesecakes are from the amazing website I posted about last week:

www.slimmingeats.com (just search the recipes for mini oreo cheesecakes)

They are stunning and so easy to make and just enough to satisfy a little bit of a sweet tooth.

I found the chocolate philadelphia in Tesco on the weekend. I think it comes in a big tub but I got the mini snap pots in case I didn't like it (unlikely!) and in case they were a gazillion syns, but I can live with 4.5

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Knees that's great - I added that site to my favourites but haven't had a chance to look at it yet. What did you use instead of Quark, don't have a clue what it is, but it sounds like Phili or something? Also the Cadbury's Philli looks good, I couldn't eat it on it's own though, don't like the though of it - but could be a good ingredient in chocolate cheesecakes etc!

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

I used Quark. It's similar to philly but a bit more runny, but totally freeeeeeeeeeeeee! You can get it next to the cottage cheese etc in most supermarkets.

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

Help please, , , ,

Do any of you WS ladies know how many syn in the large caramel snacker jacks.

I have been having these with the Chocolate Philadelphia spread on ?,

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

2.5 according to the website.

• ashlil
    Beginner February 2011
    ashlil ·
    • Hide content

Its amazing you eat far too much and lose its really odd