Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

kharv
Beginner March 2012

Slimming World lunches

kharv, 17 July, 2012 at 13:01 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 25

Ok, I'm back on the SW bandwagon. Haven't been to the classes for ages so need some hints!

What lunch items can I buy that I can keep in my desk drawer? (Apart from Pasta n Sauce, Mug Shots and Low fat super noodles).

I have quorn sausages and beans occasionally but want to make sure I have a store of non perishable items so I'm never caught off guard through lack of planning!

Inspire me!

25 replies

Latest activity by ButterflyChild, 18 July, 2012 at 01:32
  • Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

It depends on your breakfast and whether you are EE, green or red day... i have for instance, 1 weetabix with yoghurt for breakfast therefore have 3 wholemeal crackerbread as my fail safe lunch (as the 1 weetabix and 3 crackerbreads ar 1 HEB). Add a pack of snak a ajaks or crisps (5syns or so)

Or, 2 round of brown bread if you havnt used your HEB for brekkie and make a sandwich, or beans on toast (on a green day beans are free)

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I'm always on EE.

Do the crackerbreads have to be a particular brand? Can you flash a pic so I know what I'm looking for?

To be honest though I generally use my HEB on breakfast (normally HiFi bars or two weetabix).

Could always do with my lunches being completely syn free as like to save my syns for chocolate, wine and cheesy additions to dinner.

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

Desk drawer is a bit limited, but if you have time the night before/that morning:

Pasta salad - cooked pasta with cucumber, sweetcorn, peppers (anything really!) and a dressing of fat free yoghurt, lemon juice and maybe just a little squidge of very low fat mayo

Couscous salad

Potato salad made in a similar way to the pasta salad.

Do you have a microwave in work? If so, jacket potatoes would be great, with beans or tuna & sweetcorn.

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

Bag of couscous? If you have a fridge with a freezer compartment at work, maybe you could keep some frozen mixed veg in there to go with it.

Baked beans - think you can get smaller pots so you don't have to eat a whole tin!!

Soup - now don't quote me on this as I've forgotten but I think there are some packet soups which are syn free. Can't remember which ones.

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Pasta salad is a good idea.

Flow I'll get some of those crackerbreads. I take it by the fact that 3 is half a HEB that they're 1 syn per crackerbread (as most HEs are 6 syns)..?

Cous cous is a good shout.

Jacket potatoes - I have a little cafe near my work that I get those from (don't really like jackets in the microwave).

We do have a microwave at work though. and a toaster.

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

Indeed they are harvo!! You can have 6 as one HEB too if you want!!

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

ooh with extra light laughing cow!

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

the very same!!!!!!!!

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

ooh with extra light laughing cow!

• Jalapeno
    Beginner October 2012
    Jalapeno ·
    • Hide content

And they're the only thing that you can fit them on. 6 cracker breads, 6 EL laughing cow! Shove some cucumber or tomato on top and it's a perfect EE lunch. I always have a bowl of soup too.

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Flow, those are the type of crispbreads I buy BUT do you think there is a massive difference between the wholemeal and the regular. I know that as a rule ofcourse wholemeal is better for you, but in terms of syns HEB? The regular ones are half the price for double the size packet!

I find dieting expensive ☹️

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

They are more expensive yes ATB however i find i cant eat a plain wholemeal one and it has 'taste' whereas a white one just tastes like chewy air!! and the white ones are thicker, therefore stodgier! ergo, depsite small box, are better for you!

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

That's what I knew you'd say!!! Thanks, I was just trying to justify buying the white ones (I find I can eat them plain) but prefer the wholemeal ones when I put laughing cow extra light on them!

• Jalapeno
    Beginner October 2012
    Jalapeno ·
    • Hide content

I think the white ones are either 4 for a HEB or not a HEB, I'll check.

ETA - The regular ones aren't an official HEB, just the Wholegrain.

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks, that'd be really useful.

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks, that'd be really useful.

• Jalapeno
    Beginner October 2012
    Jalapeno ·
    • Hide content

Just edited, Only the WG ones are HEB, regular ones you'd have to syn.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Yes please Jo!

• Sparkles82
    Beginner April 2013
    Sparkles82 ·
    • Hide content

I keep a packet of ryvitas in my drawer at all times, and laughing cow in the fridge.

Today, I had home made lasagne (left over from last night), a punnet of grapes and 2 bananas.

No HEs yet today, but I dont generally use an A choice ever. I will have a couple of Alpen Lights for my B later with a coffee if I get peckish.

• Sparkles82
    Beginner April 2013
    Sparkles82 ·
    • Hide content

Oh, and, I just discovered, Aldi frozen fish is generally quite low in syns.

I had haddock in lemon and garlic butter tonight. You just bang the bag in the oven for 20 minutes, it isnt a huge portion, but it was nice. 1.5 syns. I really struggle with stuff that I can just stick on the oven for tea, I dont want to cook from scratch every night, so this fish could be one of my new favourites.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Ooh that's interesting about the Aldi fish sparkles!

Thanks for that Jo - looks nice!

ATB - have just discovered the annoying-ness of the ryvita Crispbreads. The normal ones are in a box twice the same for the same price and exactly the same calories. Damn fibre requirement for Healthy Extras.

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is exactly what I was meaning. Rubbish isn't it!?

• ButterflyChild
    Beginner May 2013
    ButterflyChild ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for typing this up JoJo! It looks scrummy, can't wait to try it!! Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics