Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner October 2008

Slimming world success stories please

Keep Calm, 21 of April of 2008 at 09:53 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 6

Hi all

i want to join slimming world but the nearest one to me is tonight when i have my salsasize class so i can't go. I was hoping to do it on line.

I have 4 stone to lose after having my LO 9 weeks ago.

Can you please share your success stories, how much you lost and how long and how much exercise you do a week. I turn 30 in November and would like to be back to my pre-pregnancy weight.

THanks

6 replies

Latest activity by Keep Calm, 23 of April of 2008 at 21:17
  • M
    Beginner January 2008
    Mad ·
    • Hide content

I;ve only been doing it for about 4 or 5 weeks, I;m doing it using a sw book that my friend gave me and the lovely ladys of hitched give up the password so I can use the online facility.

SO far I;ve lost about a stone (yipee), I;m desperately trying to loose the weight I gained after my baby was born (too many nice treats, eating randomly through the day and most of the night too). I was really cross withmyself when I realise how much I;d put on especially as I was back to my pre pregnancy weight straight after giving birth.

I don;t really do any excersize as such, but have started trying to get out everyday just for a walk, even if its just up to the local shops.

• Melancholie
    Beginner December 2014
    Melancholie ·
    • Hide content

Hi ?

I do Slimming World. I've lost 4 stones 9.5lbs in total, 2 stones 6.5lbs of that since January 8th (which was my first weigh in after Christmas). I currently do two 1hr sessions a week at the gym, but lost the first 2 stones without doing any exercise at all.

I have no doubt that with commitment to the plan you would lose the 4 stone you want to lose by November. I got engaged at Christmas and am getting married on August 2nd. I went into class on January 8th and said I had 4 stone to lose in 28 weeks and she wasn't at all phased. She said, "That's 2lbs a week and completely doable." So far I'm 6.5lbs ahead of where I aimed to be at this point in time, based on a target of 2lbs a week.

Good luck ?

• raspberryjam
    raspberryjam ·
    • Hide content

quote:Originally posted by Melancholie
    Hi ?

I do Slimming World. I've lost 4 stones 9.5lbs in total, 2 stones 6.5lbs of that since January 8th (which was my first weigh in after Christmas). I currently do two 1hr sessions a week at the gym, but lost the first 2 stones without doing any exercise at all.

I have no doubt that with commitment to the plan you would lose the 4 stone you want to lose by November. I got engaged at Christmas and am getting married on August 2nd. I went into class on January 8th and said I had 4 stone to lose in 28 weeks and she wasn't at all phased. She said, "That's 2lbs a week and completely doable." So far I'm 6.5lbs ahead of where I aimed to be at this point in time, based on a target of 2lbs a week.

Good luck ?
    id="quote">

Well done that is amazing ?
  • Doughnut
    Beginner June 2008
    Doughnut ·
    • Hide content

I went from 10st 7 (size 14) to 8st 12 (size ? between January and May I think. Here's me in my size 8 wedding dress, up to 9st 2 ? just over a year later.

Good luck ?

• K
    Beginner October 2008
    Keep Calm ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies and well done i am so excited about what i can achieve after reading your stories.

Melancholie - that is amazing, you must be chuffed, congrats on the engagement. I got married in may 07 and lost weight for it not as much as i would have liked and not by doing it sensibly either, i did the cambridge diet [:I] which i won't do again. i want to look great for once right now the pregnancy weight is really getting to me

DOughnut - wow that'a amazing

Mad - i think my sister may have a book, i will ask her for that, that is a good idea because i don't have a car to get to the classes plus they clash with my exercise class and can't justify cab fare along with class fees.

Can i ask is it body optimise that everyone is using as i have bought a slimming worl mag and there are a few recipes in there

• giddykipper
    Beginner September 2004
    giddykipper ·
    • Hide content

You can use the SW Lifeline online website which is a site for SW members - they give out a password each week in class so that you can access the site, usually some kind soul on here lets us know what it is so we can all access it.

You need to register here:

https://www.slimming-world.co.uk/lifelineonline/

and I think the current password is cycling.

HTH
    Jo x

• K
    Beginner October 2008
    Keep Calm ·
    • Hide content

quote:Originally posted by giddykipper
    You can use the SW Lifeline online website which is a site for SW members - they give out a password each week in class so that you can access the site, usually some kind soul on here lets us know what it is so we can all access it.

You need to register here:

https://www.slimming-world.co.uk/lifelineonline/

and I think the current password is cycling.

HTH
    Jo x
    id="quote">

Thank you

I just wanted to ask a few things as i am finding it quite confusing

There are green and red days, but you can't mix meals from a green day to a red day or vice versa, the whole day must be one colour ?

With the free foods, things such as grilled bacon, you can really eat as much as you like? ?

If i am on a green day i can mix and match green meals e.g
    Breakfast

Cereal and yogurt with fruit

Lunch

Vegetable quiche or salad

Dinner

Quorn Chilli with boiled rice

and throughout the day i can have unlimited fruits and vegetables?

Sorry but i am really trying to get my head round it, i haven't thought about the syns yet?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics