Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Slimming world tearing us apart

7 of November of 2015 at 20:16 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 5

As with the title I'm scared we aren't going to make it to our wedding day. Every meal time has become a war zone. Arguing about the recipes arguing because be doesn't like his meals to be planned out for the week.
We both want to lose weight but I'm fed up feeling like we are going to lose each other for a few pounds.
We don't go out anymore because we are saving hard for the wedding and because I don't want to cheat on my diet!

Anyone else just felt utterly fed up?

5 replies

Latest activity by ExpensiveBrownDiamonds1257, 17 of December of 2015 at 18:28
  • KinkyBride
    Beginner March 2016
    KinkyBride ·
    • Hide content

Sorry to hear that you're having such a tough time. I can't imagine what it would be like if my OH wasn't willing to eat whatever I eat (although I do give him extra bits like garlic bread etc).

the reaction seems to be a bit extreme if the only reason is that he doesn't like his meals to be planned though. Could there be another reason? Have you tried to have a rational discussion about it to see if there's a mutual way to make sure everyone gets what they want?

• yorkshirekiwi
    Beginner August 2014
    yorkshirekiwi ·
    • Hide content

Are you both doing SW or just you (just cos you mention that you both want to lose a few pounds).

As you say, losing each other over a few pounds is ridiculous, but at the same time you would expect that someone you want to spent the rest of your life with to be supportive of your efforts to get healthy and feel better about yourself. Is there more to these arguments than meets the eye? Eg Other pressures, stresses , worries that are coming out in arguments over food?

Earlier this year i went on a very restricted diet for health reasons. The food was bland plain and boring, but my OH understood that it was for the benefit of my health. Initially we tried to eat together, but i could see that it was making him miserable to eat the way I had to. In the end i said to him that he didn't have to eat with me, but not to expect me to cook twice. For 4 months we ate separate meals and couldn't eat out, it wasn't great, but my H respected the reasons why and just got on and supported me instead of complaining about it.

Could you agree to eat separately for a while if he isn't happy with the SW recipes or forward planning?

Also, don't forget to allow yourself the occasional off day. Perhaps one day a fortnight where you go slightly off piste, and you and your OH can relax, briefly forget the diet and just allow youselves to enjoy a meal together in each others company. Having done SW in the past i know that there's enough siggle room sith Syns and stuff for you to do that without worrying too much and knowing that there will be regular treat meals or days off could make it easier on your OH.

• S
    Beginner October 2015
    Stephie ·
    • Hide content

Hi there, I'm really sorry to hear about your problems at the moment. Everything wedding related becomes stressful in the end!

My (now) husband and I don't eat the same meals, and we never have done. A lot of people think we're strange, but we both have different schedules and I like to eat fresh and healthy foods, whilst he lives out of the freezer on fries and pizzas and things! We quickly realised (less than a week after moving in together!) that eating together was not going to work for us so we just work around each other in the kitchen. Sometimes it's nice to spend time with each other catching up on our days if we happen to both be cooking our separate meals at the same time! ?

I'm not saying change to our way, but may work as a temporary measure, at least until the wedding is out of the way?

• N
    Beginner January 1999
    Natalie32 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I've been in this situation before - my husband hates healthy food! I now do juice plus and its solved the problem.

I cook a meal for my husband and i have a juice plus shake. I make the meal big enough for 2, as i used to do when i ate, then i freeze half so he can have it again the week after.

It also saves on cooking time and the shopping bill!

• E
    Beginner
    ExpensiveBrownDiamonds1257 ·
    • Hide content

I know this post is a few weeks old, but I just wanted to say that the slow cooker is your friend. Cook a few things over the weekend and then freeze them and you can each have whatever you feel like during the week. Or set it overnight/before you go to work and the food will be ready when you get home. And in terms of breakfast/lunch/snacks is it possible to just prepare something on sunday and put it in containers that you can grab and go during the week? Like a piece of fruit with yogurt with honey and granola for breakfast? And veggies with grilled chicken/fish for lunch? You can even make hard boiled eggs ahead of time.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics