Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Slimming World - Today I am eating....

9 January, 2012 at 11:02 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 99

I may be about to start the wankiest thread ever, but feel free to join in if you want to join in my obsession with dieting! (my thought behind it was it may give others ideas on what to eat for different meals)

My menu for today:

Breakfast - 2 weetabix (my HEB) with semi skimmed milk (my MEA)

Lunch - 1/2 a packet of uncle bens express mexican rice (2 syns), 2 x slices of ham, lettuce and cucumber (free).

Snacks - Muller light yogurt, Cherry flavour (free), grapes, banana and an apple (all free)

Dinner - Grilled chicken kebabs on skewers with onion and peppers (free) with a salad (free) and a jacket potato topped with a tea spoon of low fat marg (no idea how many sys, but guessing around 2 - 3)

99 replies

Latest activity by Vee Tee, 9 January, 2012 at 21:10
  • kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Breakfast: Low fat yoghurt

Lunch: Leftover syn free bolognese

Dinner: SW Pizza with ham and red onion

Snack: Another low fat yoghurt

Also going swimming tonight

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

That sounds yummers.

I am not SW but will share that I have had greek yoghurt and rasperry/cranberry stuff (muller corner thingy) and some melon.

(this is healthy for me!!!)

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

Dunno yet but RedBazza's pizzas have become a firm favourite in our house. Mr CB is in awe! I might have one of those and salad for lunch today.

As for dinner we have left over chicken (maybe a pasta dish?) and also the carcass to roast up for stock and soup. Might have that for dinner tomorrow.

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

My life has been taken over by calorie counting and Jillian bloody Michaels!!

Breakfast - 2 weetabix with water (I hate milk ?) tablespoon of honey and blueberries

Lunch - 4 Ryvita and low fat cheese spread, with salad

Dinner - Beans on Toast with salad

Snacks - Banana, Yoghurt

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

On Friday I had:

1 x passata, buffalo mozzarella, onion, mushroom, ham, stilton.

1 x passata, buffalo mozzarella, onion, anchovies.

Delicious.

• T
    Beginner September 2012
    Tropea ·
    • Hide content

Breakfast: 2 weetabix with skimmed milk and cup of tea. Lunch: low fat supernoodles and mullerlight yoghurt, apple. Dinner: syn free spagetti bolognese. Snacks: 1 packet of velvet crunch crisps. 2 mile walk this morning. (im off today ?)

P.s the slimming world chicken curry is gorgeous!! I edited the recepie and my fiance loves it, we have it at least twice a month!

• JennyH10
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyH10 ·
    • Hide content

I have had bran flakes this morning and two cups of tea and been to the gym.

I think I'll have poached egg and grilled portabello mushroom for lunch with toast.

Dinner will be homemade butternut squash and sweet potato soup.

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content

I'm cutting back on carbs so I've had scrambled eggs and bacon.

Will have a few carbs for lunch and none for dinner.

I keep peeing as I'm losing all my water....

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

Good morning fellow SW buddy!

I am impressed with your organisation!

I don't usually do breakfast (I'd much rather have the extra 5 minutes in bed) so I made sure I had a glass of orange juice this morning. I think fruit juice is a syn isn't it?

Lunch - Was going to be a cuppa soup and a bread roll but as we have no water at work it looks like I'll be going hungry.

No idea what dinner will. Knowing me it will be lasagne ? I havve no idea how that fits into SW, I'm hopeless!

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

At lunchtime today I need to sit down with the latest magazine and plan my weeks' meals. We are in panto Wed-Fri nights, with 3 performances on Sat and 2 on Sun, so I need to plan out some bulk cooking tonight and tomorrow to last us the week!

I'd be interested in hearing people's lunch ideas for red days. We go home for lunch, so no restrictions on what we can have, other than time restrictions in preparing it. My green day lunches are quite varied - pasta, beans/spaghetti on toast, couscous salad in the summer etc. My red day lunches tend to stick to the same old boring ham sandwich or bacon roll.

• T
    Beginner September 2012
    Tropea ·
    • Hide content

Lol hat trick, it only fits in if u use extra lean mince and barely any cheese!! The cheese would be used as ur syns. Slimming world is deffo the best way to go about loosing weight at a slow healthy steady pace, as its normal eating but without the saturated fat! Listen to me, i sound like im a leader ?
  • Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

Im on a green day today...

Breakfats - 1 weetabix (part fo my HEB) and a muller light yoghurt(free)

Lunch - 3 Brown Cracker bread (part of HEB) with cucumber and philly light (like 2syns) apple, orange and perhaps a bag of ryvita minis (5syns)

Dinner - Sausage and bean hotpot (is a SW recipe !!) and is a total of 4syns (the 2 low fat sausages!) with SW mash!

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

No, now BUGGER OFF ? ?

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

Ooh sounds good. Low fat margerine 1 level tbsp is 3 syns.

Today I have had a Muller light cherry yoghurt, 2 x mini Babybel lights (HE)

Lunch: jacket potato, cottage cheese, tuna & sweetcorn (all free)

Dinner - not sure yet

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

i think its more then a syn!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Larchfield, I don't understand it at all! I ca deal with the lean mince but there's no point in having a lasagne unless it's loaded with cheese. Might have spag bol instead then. ?

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

Orange juice is 1.5 syns for 100ml (I have my book with me, so happy to check syn values!)

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I had half a pint ? I thought I was being so healthy!

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

sugar free orange squash is free!!!

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

But I thought orange juice would class as an orange (I don't like eating fruit!). It wasn't any cheap stuff you know ?

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

How many oranges do you have to squeeze to get half a pint of juice?

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That would depend how big the oranges were I suppose.

I give up, I think I'm just destined to be fat!

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree with you - it's stupid logic. Apparently the reasoning is that fruit, when juiced, pureed or cooked is easy to over consume. I don't get the logic as if it's free, you can't overconsume! But them's the rules and we must follow them.

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

I'm sorta half calorie counting and half following SW today!

Breakfast: Cup of tea with semi skimmed milk, 1 slice of toast with low fat marge and a dessert spoon of crunchy peanut butter (have found that I don't crave as much sugar during the day when I've had peanut butter!).

Lunch: Half a tub of fresh leek and potato soup. Apparently this is high in syns but is only 108 calories! Going to have a small wholemeal roll, unbuttered, to dunk.

Dinner: Probably pitta pizzas. Mr RB loves these too and now favours them over shop bought pizza. I have mine with passata and fresh buffalo mozzarella. I sometimes swap the passata for green pesto for a change.

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

I'm heathly eating using MFP and plan for today I'm having/had:

Breakfast: a banana, a plum and a cup of tea
    Mid morning: Two oatcakes
    Lunch: Smalled baked potato with a little cheese and light mayo, salad
    Dinner/Snack: Three oatcakes and cheese

I won't be home until 10pm is after going hospital visiting, so as I'll have had no dinner, depending on how many Cals I have left tonight on MFP I may have a sandwitch at the hospital.

I think I'm going to get on with MFP, it is meaning I can eat what foods I want, but it's keeping me in check Calorie wise, and making me "budget" them. I'd usually have a plate of chips at hospital - but not I'm aware that i need to find something using the remaining Cals I have left.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Not to single out any particular food plan but I literally have no idea how some of you survive - I can cope with hunger well enough but I think I'd be fainting on some of the diets here!

• ashlil
    Beginner February 2011
    ashlil ·
    • Hide content

? my SW menu today I am on EE

banana and Mullerlight vanilla yoghurt - free

some blueberries - free

Lunch - Jacket potato with baked beans - free

3 x mini babybel (HEA) plus cucumber and tomato

Dinner is going to be a Free Spaghetti Carbonara SW and a side salad

I had the SW Soulvlaki and Tzatzki and some Potatoes all Free!! last night it was delish!

I will probably have 2 x hi fi lite SW bars for my HEB option Smiley smile

loving it - 1st weigh in tomorrow night I hope it works Smiley smile

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's why I like Slimming World. I'm a big eater and you can eat absolutely loads on this plan, provided it's the right stuff.

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content

I have done SW twice and found that nothing really happened!

• T
    Beginner September 2012
    Tropea ·
    • Hide content

Its all about control ladies! I am very good during the week, i walk everywere, eat less and generally annoy my OH with how many calories ive consumed and how ill never fit into my wedding dress, then @ weekend i scoff a pizza n glug a btl of wine! I think if u eat less and move more during the week ur allowed ur weekend treat! Ive 1 stone 4lbs to lose and 7 months to do it so im not being too strict just yet... ?
  • HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well eating is cheating and all that... ?

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

Yes but if an orange is free then I can surely have as many oranges as I like?

I don't get the 'free' food thing, If a jacket potato is free, then theoretically I can eat as many as I like. But if I eat that many carbs, I'm gonna get remain fat? ? Or am I just over-thinking things?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics