Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

kizzi10000
Beginner August 2016

Small '10 months to go' flash

kizzi10000, 21 of October of 2015 at 16:00 Posted on Planning 0 5

Not really huge amounts to show, but was told on another thread I needed to flash ?

So....

My dress - Maggie Sottero Ascher in this colour with the belt. My mum thinks I'd be showing too much flesh and reckons brides should cover up a bit more... Despite my belly (leftover from dropping several stone in weight), I didn't want to take it off when I tried it on. Would usually wear anything this fitted as very self conscious of my figure. Please excuse the black bra straps, I can't find the picture where I blocked them out.

Shoes - New Look bargain in the sale - cost me a tenner. Love them as they're wide fit, so might not be too crippled during the day lol

Ring - I was a bit eager when I found this, and not sure it's to my liking now. My engagement ring looks too big when I'm wearing both (If I lose the 3st I need to to get into my dress it will probably need making smaller!). OH isn't too impressed I've already bought it either, but don't see the point of spending the amount of money he was suggesting on one, just because it's a wedding ring.

Evening dress - initially I wasn't going to have a fancy bridal gown, but having made my own dress first time, and not getting the bridal shop experience, I thought I go and play dress-up just once to see how it felt. Bad move, of course. Having had no intention of buying anything, I ended up with the shop sample (no way could I justify full price for a brand new gown!). Anyway, first dress I bought was a midnight blue a-line gown from Debenhams. Gorgeous dress, but too long in the body and looked silly. Not to mention too long at the hem too. So then I bought this one from a friend who'd worn it to a wedding (so please excuse the dodgy photo stolen from facebook). Still needs shortening, but it's lovely, so will be wearing it in the evening. And will probably swap the shoes to my floral Doc Martens for comfort

Bridesmaids dresses - again, cheap and cheerful from New Look, but the style looked lovely on my daughter. They did have a lovely mint green one I was hoping would come down in the summer sale, but when it did they only had one in the right size, and I needed 2, so waiting to see what they come out with next year. I love this colour, but had royal blue bridesmaids for my first wedding lol.

Wedding venue - unfortunately we had to downgrade from our first lovely wooden treehouse in the forest as just couldn't justify spending that amount of money on one day, especially as it's take 2 for both of us, so we're having the ceremony at Salisbury register office. Can already see some lovely black and white photos beneath the facade, and there's a park next door if we want photos there. inside isn't to my taste, but looking at other options it could be an awful lot worse lol

Reception venue - looked round a numerous village halls to try and find one that was reasonably easy to get to for guests, within our budget, retained some of the treehouse foresty feel, and didn't look like a school sports hall or public toilets. The search was harder than we thought! But finally came across Damerham village hall. Lovely river through the grounds for photos, willow trees, nice look, and comes with a bar, so no having to organise drinks

Catering - not fully decided on this yet. I'm vegan, OH eats meat (at the moment ?), but think the general idea is tea and cakes after the 3.15 ceremony before a buffet in the evening (though he was talking hog roast). Hoping the cake will look something like this one, which has been made completely vegan, but with 3 tiers and maybe not quite so tall with the layers.

Sorry for the size of some of the piccies! Have also got make-up lady and photographer booked.

Still need to sort invitations, bridesmaids shoes and accessories, entertainment, decorations, food, transport, accommodation, and probably numerous other things I've completely overlooked.

5 replies

Latest activity by Mrslh2b, 22 of October of 2015 at 11:08
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

It all looks wonderful. Venue looks like it will make some lovely pics. Are you keeping your dress on until after the evening guests have arrived?

• kizzi10000
    Beginner August 2016
    kizzi10000 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I will do, yes, and until after the first dance. Will then ask the tog to hang on while I do a quick change so I get some pro photos in the other dress too. He's a friends hubby, so even though we're paying until after the first dance, I'm sure he won't mind holding on a little bit longer as we're not needing him until after lunch anyway ?

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

It all looks and sounds lovely and everyone will get to see you in both dresses. Smiley smile

• kizzi10000
    Beginner August 2016
    kizzi10000 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you ? x

• jadeee
    Beginner June 2016
    jadeee ·
    • Hide content

It all looks lovely and I love your dress! ?

• Mrslh2b
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrslh2b ·
    • Hide content

Yay! So glad you did a flash Smiley smile all looks stunning! x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics