Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MahCallsMeFred
Beginner September 2018

small budget venue (/wedding) in south Essex, Help!

MahCallsMeFred, 16 of June of 2017 at 13:33 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi,

I know there was another post that was about low cost venues in Essex but the suggestions on there didn't all help.

We are looking at Rooms in the Rodings but am still unsure if we can afford it.

When I say we have a small budget I mean we have a seriously small budget compared to some of the research I did on wedding budgets. There is no way we can even afford a venue that charges £1000+ just for the venue hire. We are both students at the moment and will be getting married the year we finish (so we finish studying in May/June and want to get married in September) this is because this will be the ONLY time we will be able to for personal reasons.

We are also considering the Old Rectory with the option to push our date around a little.

Honestly, we don't mind if its in a village hall as long as it has parking, a kitchen and allows alcohol. I'd really like at least a little outside space but at this point I don't really mind as long as my partner and I can feel comfortable on the day with the location choice we are happy with that. I am really really stuck and was just wondering if anyone at all had any ideas. I will look into all suggestions people have.

We entertained the idea of hiring a field for a while but we don't think we can afford that so that's why we were thinking the halls idea.

p.s. I put south Essex so you's knew where we were looking.

3 replies

Latest activity by HappyBlueCakes878, 30 of June of 2017 at 20:30
  • H
    Beginner August 2018
    HappyBlueCakes878 ·
    • Hide content

Hello, we're using our back garden as a venue. It's not really big enough but we don't have any money really. Is there anyone you know with a large-ish garden? We managed to get a big 2nd hand marquee on eBay for £150 and we're doing a buffet ourselves and ordering in pizza.

The ceremony is costing £800 but we could have had it cheaper at the registry office. I'm not sure if your £1000 budget is to include everything but bear in mind even the registry office (Southend, not sure about elsewhere) will cost a few hundred! Our ceremony venue hire is the cheapest after registry office rooms and is £400. The cost of the registrar/officiator person is £400! So that's £800 gone! I think the cheapest option they have where you can have guests is around £200.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics