Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Farhana
Beginner February 2022 East London

Small budget wedding 🤕

Farhana, 6 of November of 2021 at 20:14 Posted on Planning 0 12
Currently really stressed about finding a simple but beautiful wedding venue with my budget. It’s becoming so difficult but everything cost so much. I’m really considering moving my date because it’s causing me to have a break down. Any advise on what and where and how I will get married with a small budget?

12 replies

Latest activity by The, 12 of November of 2021 at 09:37
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    When you say small, how small? Village halls are relatively cheap to hire and you can do a lot of the decor and set up yourself with your own bar and then hire a caterer in. Or if your numbers are low you could look at hiring private dining room somewhere. Ultimately if you want more then I would say push your date out to be able to save more to have the day you want. Is a hard decision and you need to be realistic about costs and how much you can save in a timescale you are happy with in terms of pustponing your date. Try not to stress about it and hope you can make peace with your decision, whatever that may be x
  • Allison
    Beginner February 2022 California
    Allison ·
    • Hide content

Depends a lot on how many people you are intending on inviting, could you share a rough estimate to help us make some suggestions?

Otherwise, the season and day of the week can change prices quite dramatically. I'd start there. Also consider your food options as these are naturally the next biggest expense!

• Emily
    Savvy September 2023 Derbyshire
    Emily ·
    • Hide content

I opted to cull the figures and book 2 years in advance. Luckily we have found a venue about 30 minutes away from us, a simple farm house which doesn't need much decor. If you're in London - maybe try looking a little further out?

We really wanted a warm wedding so opted for September which was slightly less than July! BUT our venue prices are 1-2k LESS on a Wednesday in January. So if days/seasons don't matter to you much, maybe look into this?

We've also only just reaslised we can opt for a two course meal instead of 3 which takes £10 off per person so are considering that.

I would really suggest pushing the date back, theres no point stressing too much about that if you can give yourself another year! I'd love to get married next year but realistically we can't afford it comfortably-if not at all! x

• K
    Curious July 2023 Lincolnshire
    Kelly ·
    • Hide content
    Have you thought about a twilight wedding? Have the ceremony in the evening then casual food at around 7pm-8pm? We're doing this and it's cut the cost by half, allowing us to look at nicer venues without having to cut people off the list that we'd like to be there. We also don't care for all the speeches etc, so it's perfect for us.
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Depending on what kind of ceremony you are going for, I would suggest having either a registry office or a place of worship for the ceremony, rather than going to a reception venue that can also hold ceremonies. Then either book a village hall and self-cater or find a nice pub. 'Wedding venues' tend to end up extremely expensive, and in most cases, the food isn't any better (sometimes worse!)

You'll also find that getting married midweek and/or out of season will be cheaper.

• T
    Beginner June 2022 Cambridgeshire
    Toby ·
    • Hide content
    Needham house we just booked!
  • Farhana
    Farhana ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh congratulations where is that venue located?

• Farhana
    Farhana ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Emily,

Thank you so much! This has helped me a lot and given me new ideas! xx

• T
    Beginner June 2022 Cambridgeshire
    Toby ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Bedfordshire really accommodating and they do buffet menus etc got a lodge think it was 300 for the night for my mrs mother in law and two sisters
  • C
    Beginner August 2022 Essex
    Cátia ·
    • Hide content
    I’m on the same boat….
  • Karen
    Beginner July 2022 Bristol
    Karen ·
    • Hide content
    Hi
    I went on the registry office website to see the list of places that could hold a service and then went to search from there. We have booked a small venue for the ceremony and wedding breakfast for 36 people and an evening reception in the local pub. I got my dress from phase eight and I'm not having any bridesmaids. I got a photographer who does half the day so half the price. Flowers for me and a button hole for the groom, and seasonal flowers for the chair ends which will then go on to the tables
    Hope that helps
  • Marie
    Savvy October 2021 Nottinghamshire
    Marie ·
    • Hide content
    We skipped any sit down meal. We hired our local power league. £100 for the evening, we spent over the amount behind the bar so got that back. had a buffet which I ordered half of from Morrison’s food to order. Had a sweetie table. Decorated the tables. Had fruit cake £16 from Asda which everyone said was really nice and was surprised at where I got it. Also got cupcakes. My budget for the reception was £550 but with our deposit back £450, we even had balloon bundles, and a few bits dedicated to my dad who passed away last year. Hope you find this useful

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics