Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Karen
Beginner June 2026 Wiltshire

Small Circle

Karen, 11 of June of 2024 at 16:04 Posted on Planning 0 3

I have a very small circle of friends, and an even smaller family. My other half is the opposite! How do I reassure him its okay? I personally am okay with my number of guests on my side and don't need anymore for my side. He keeps asking if there is anyone else I'd like to invite, but I don't have any ideas and have told him I like all of his friends too!

3 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGreenStationery27135, 13 of June of 2024 at 14:10
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

The whole point of a wedding is surely to celebrate two people building a new life together, so it really shouldn't matter which one of you has the most guests since everyone is coming to celebrate both of you making a commitment to each other.

As long as you don't split the guests up into a 'groom's side' and a 'bride's side', people won't even notice anyway. And I much prefer weddings where they don't ask people to sit on different sides depending on who they know anyway - sometimes, I genuinely don't know which side I should sit on as I know both halves of the couple equally well. And even if I know one better than the other, it still seems odd to be dividing people up like that when the whole wedding is about celebrating unity, not division!

• Karen
    Beginner June 2026 Wiltshire
    Karen ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! We aren’t doing a bride and groom side but I think my OH was concerned a bit about my (few) guests and was trying to reassure me! We’ve started working on table plans so everyone can get to know people etc! It’s no bother to me but I think he was concerned for me! 🤣
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I have been to so many weddings and unless they have done 'bride and groom sides', I honestly couldn't have told you how many of the guests were there for the bride and how many for the groom. I usually know who on my table knew the bride/groom first, since asking how someone got to know the couple is a fairly common conversation starter, but no one is going to think twice about numbers. Even if people do work out that he has farm more guests than you, it won't be an issue for anyone, but people are probably not going to even think about it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics