Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner November 2013

Small evening reception ides please

cath4512, 4 of December of 2012 at 21:26 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi, I'm new on the forum so hi to you all.

I have just got engaged & we are looking at getting married in March/april 2014. It will be a second marriage for both of us. We want a small intimate wedding for about 25-30 close family & friends. I thought, maybe a late afternoon wedding (civil ceremony) follwed by a sit down meal, but am struggling with ideas for what t do in th evening.

We have not totally ruled out having more eole at the evening do, but if we keep it small, what could I do?

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks Cath x

6 replies

Latest activity by Skinnyrock, 7 of December of 2012 at 19:24
  • *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hello and welcome!

We having a small affair too

Late afternoon ceremony

Sit down meal

Evening reception = cocktails, Ipod background music sax player.

• C
    Beginner November 2013
    cath4512 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your replys. I like the idea of just letting it run on, maybe adding some playlists of our own. The more I research, the more confused I get lol x

• ellebob
    Beginner February 2013
    ellebob ·
    • Hide content

My mum had that kind of number for her civil partnership. She hired the upstairs of a small pub and had a lovely meal up there. After the meal my sister and friends played a few songs then were encouraged by everyone to do many more. They played music over a sound system in the evening and there was a little area where people could dance if they wanted to but the atmosphere was still that most people were comfortable sitting at the tables and chatting.

• alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content

I'm having similar to all that's been described and was happy to read that it works! I'm also having a wish tree, polaroid camera and ipod music from the OH's wedding selection! As an edit I'm also going to buy some trivia cards to put on the tables...can't think where from now which is a little frustrating!

• Skinnyrock
    Dedicated July 2023 Suffolk
    Skinnyrock ·
    • Hide content

It might sound silly but a friend of mine had a very small and intimate wedding. In the evening they all did a quiz. One of the rounds being about the couple themselves. It could break up the evening a bit and add some entertainment without breaking the bank.

• Skinnyrock
    Dedicated July 2023 Suffolk
    Skinnyrock ·
    • Hide content

It might sound silly but a friend of mine had a very small and intimate wedding. In the evening they all did a quiz. One of the rounds being about the couple themselves. It could break up the evening a bit and add some entertainment without breaking the bank.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics