Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner September 2010

Small, intimate Wedding Venue - North West - Lancashire/Cheshire

hattielizzie, 25 October, 2011 at 00:03 Posted on Planning 0 6

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on small venues for outside Manchester, preferably countryside area.

We are only having 14 guests, and wish for a civil ceremony and wedding breakfast in one venue.

Any help, advice, suggestions much appreciated.

Thanks ?

6 replies

Latest activity by monkeybride, 26 October, 2011 at 12:21
  • S
    Beginner April 2012
    shellsworth ·
    • Hide content

I'm not sure how far you want to travel out - but Cheshire have some lovely venues, which can be tailored for smaller functions - Try Statham Lodge they have a smaller 'Garden room' which might be of interest.

S x

• Jonesey
    Beginner June 2012
    Jonesey ·
    • Hide content

We live in Lancashire and looked at a place called Hoghton Tower (off junction 3 of the M65) - it is an absolutely stunning venue on the top of a hill overlooking countryside however we ruled it out as it was too small for us having 120 guests. It may be too large for you, however it has a really intimate and cosy feel and a lovely long driveway up to it.

• Gbutterfly
    Beginner July 2012
    Gbutterfly ·
    • Hide content

Combermere Abbey?

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Have you thought about restaurants, which tend to be smaller and more intimate? I would be looking for "private dining rooms" rather than "wedding venues". We got married in a retaurant in Knutsford, which was beautiful. Although we had more people than you (and thus hired the whole place), you could also hire only certain sections (for example, the first floor), which would suit a smaller party size. It was called the Belle Epoque if you want to nosy.

In my search for these types of venues, I came across the Hotel Du Vin chain. I haven't seen reviews of them but they seem to be lovely old town houses with gorgeous dining suites.

• J
    jules40 ·
    • Hide content

Mottram hall.they have two smaller rooms one has all oak paneling which I believe is part of the original house and is listed to preserve it . Also if you are getting married in the summer you can have your wedding outdoors and the rose garden would be a lovely place for a small wedding party

• Kadence
    Beginner September 2012
    Kadence ·
    • Hide content

The Alderley Edge Hotel is gorgeous! Went to a small wedding there a couple of years ago and it was beautiful

• monkeybride
    Beginner June 2013
    monkeybride ·
    • Hide content

Inglewood manor in Chester is a lovely old building with really nice grounds and has quite small sized function rooms.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics