Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Four-Little-Monkeys
Beginner August 2010

Small intimate wedding venues

Four-Little-Monkeys, 28 January, 2010 at 10:47 Posted on Planning 0 3

We have decided to have a small intimate wedding with just 17 close family (10 adults and 7 children) followed by a party on the saturday night in a hall or something for all our family and friends.

Can anyone recommend any venues in the Northeast England or Scotland which we could hold the wedding ceremony and have a meal afterwards. We are hoping to get married the first 2 weeks in August this year if possible and hold the ceremony and meal on a weekday with the evening reception/party on the sat afterwards in our hometown. We are also on a budget and dont want to spend if possible more than £2500 or there abouts.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

3 replies

Latest activity by ebee, 3 February, 2010 at 19:13
  • urbanbridesmaid
    urbanbridesmaid ·
    • Hide content

Hand picked Hotels own a selection of small boutique hotels round the UK - it might be worth checking with them if they have any current offers.

https://www.handpickedhotels.co.uk/hotel-event

• ebee
    Beginner January 2008
    ebee ·
    • Hide content

I have to say - it;s not luxury, but I love Inchmurrin island on loch lomond - a really cosy and interesting venue http://www.inchmurrin-lochlomond.com/self_catering_loch_lomond_weddings.php ... I don't think they provide accommodation but there are plenty of nice places nearby.

• PhilipHawkins
    PhilipHawkins ·
    • Hide content

I love small weddings (although I love large ones too lol) The smallest wedding I've ever worked at was total of 4 people - bride and groom and two witnesses. It was great! I've done several weddings with 6, 8 and then higher. Seventeen will be lovely Smiley smile

There is lots of choice in Scotland and North-East England. Melville Castle on the edge of Edinburgh is now exclusive use only and I've attended many small weddings there. They will also do your meal and accommodation too. They may just squeeze into your budget, I'm not too sure, but if you went for a midweek day the price may be a little cheaper (they are also booked every Friday and Saturday for 2010). I happen to know that The Point Hotel in Edinburgh, which is a stunning venue where the ceremony is held in their top floor penthouse suite which has spectacular views across to Edinburgh Castle, will be able to accommodate you and if you say that I told you to contact them will probably do you a deal within your budget, ask for Frank. Their accommodation is first class (and the guests at the last wedding I had their were thrilled at the amount of celebrities that keep checking in!). Roxburghe Hotel is also nice near Kelso in the Scottish Borders. The Best Western Kings Manor on the edge of Edinburgh near Portobello will fit all your requirements too. They also have exclusive use of a lovely garden for photographs too and you can also go to the famous Portobello Beach for photos. Ask for James Brown and again say you were referred by me. The Royal Terrace Hotel on Calton Hill, Edinburgh is another good option and within your budget and is close to Edinburgh city centre and also has its own private gardens. You need to ask for Katie, there.

Theres a few for now, lol. If you need anymore just say.

• ebee
    Beginner January 2008
    ebee ·
    • Hide content

I found this site earlier while browsing for holidays!! and remembered this thread.. there might be something on here??

https://www.cottages-and-castles.co.uk/property/castles_mansions.htm

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics