Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner September 2023 Merseyside

Small wedding

Karen, 16 of August of 2021 at 18:42 Posted on Planning 0 5
So planning on a intimate wedding (more out of necessity).We have both been married before. But I'm struggling with numbers even with inviting my children and close family we have max 20 ppl. I just feel sad that we have so few ppl we want to be with us

5 replies

Latest activity by Charlotte, 18 of August of 2021 at 17:39
  • Mrsa2021
    Dedicated June 2021 Cornwall
    Mrsa2021 ·
    • Hide content
    Don’t feel sad, we had 22 at ours including us and it was an amazing day! Full of love, intimate and super chilled.

• Rachel
    Curious November 2021 Hampshire
    Rachel ·
    • Hide content
    Yeah, don't be sad! I think numbers always get smaller when we get older. If I had been married in my twenties my party would have been much bigger, but now I'm older we have quality over quantity and we're at 24.
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

Coming from a massive family (70 on my side) and my partner a small family (9 people) we struggled as want a small ceremony, not just due to cost, but really only want people there who have been part of our lives and supported us. We got it to 35 but have now added Aunties/Uncles in to get to the 50 min our venue is charging for food. This feels right for us and have added others on for the eve, but don't get me started on the political fallout by not inviting the Cousins and all their kids to the day! Don't feel sad, you will have an amazing day with the people you love and want to celebrate with

• K
    Beginner September 2023 Merseyside
    Karen ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I suppose that's the bonus most my aunts and uncles are dead, my cousins I'd not know if fell over them now! Definitely want to keep budget down and am considering gretna green
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh bless you, I am sorry, it t is such a minefield. The main thing is you are marrying the man you love and you will have a fab day regardless x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics