Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

~Peanut~
Beginner December 2012

Small wedding evening reception?

~Peanut~, 17 March, 2012 at 13:10 Posted on Planning 0 3

I'm planning a very small wedding with about 20-25 guests (day and evening)...I'd like to do something a bit more special than just the ceremony and a wedding breakfast afterwards, ideally I'd like to have some live music or a DJ afterwards but I'm not sure if it's going to be too small a wedding for a proper evening reception? What have other people having small weddings done?

3 replies

Latest activity by moonpie1985, 17 March, 2012 at 16:10
  • *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

We having a small wedding too approx 25 ceremony and Breakfast then up to 50 max in evening as we wanted to treat our nearest and dearest to quality rather then quantity.

In the eve we just keeping it simple cocktail and canape reception and having background music (Ipod) and a sax player.

You can have a proper 'doo' but I think the key for organising a successful intimate affair is choosing the right venue if you choose anything too big your guests will just look lost inside and you will lose the atmosphere.

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the reply, yeah we've definitely been making sure to look for small venues where we won't just be lost in a massive room, they're not easy to find though. I think a cocktail reception with some live background music is a nice idea. I've also just come across a suggestion elsewhere of renting a jukebox, I didn't even realise it was an option but it seems quite a few companies offer digital jukebox hire. Think that could be fun and something for the guests to get involved with in picking songs.

• moonpie1985
    Beginner July 2012
    moonpie1985 ·
    • Hide content

We have just reduced our party size down for the evening from 80 to around 40.

So will no longer have a DJ and instead will have ipod/spotify party

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics