Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner June 2013

Small wedding, large reception

loralu, 15 January, 2012 at 10:23 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi

What do you all think to having a small ceremony/wedding breakfast (30 people including bride and groom) followed by a larger evening reception 100-120 people?

The people we would have at the ceremony would be immediate family and closest friends, then aunts and uncles, cousins, football team mates, colleagues etc.. in the evening.

We have come up with this idea as we had wanted to marry in vegas but my parents are divorced and they wouldn't feel comfortable having a week in vegas together and my husband to be's mum it would be unlikly she could come and I want our parents at our wedding. We didn't want to spend a fortune on the wedding, we would rather spend more on our dream honeymoon. We were going to have a party when we got back from vegas.

Thanks xx

9 replies

Latest activity by loralu, 15 January, 2012 at 13:30
  • CharleeA
    Beginner April 2013
    CharleeA ·
    • Hide content

I think that as long as its what you and your OH want then its perfect!

Dont hold your wedding day based on what you think other want, need, expect!

Having an intimate ceramony then a large party sounds brilliant x

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

Were having 50 for the day, and inviting about 130 at night - if it's what you both want then go for it!

• Mrs*W*2B
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrs*W*2B ·
    • Hide content

Sounds fab, this is something were looking at doing now we have looked at costs!! go for it! ?Smiley smile x

• L
    Beginner June 2013
    loralu ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone!

I've spoken to both my parents and they thought it was a good idea! now we've decided on what we want i'm feeling soooo excited! can't wait for all the planning! xx

• Apples84
    Beginner August 2012
    Apples84 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

This is exactly what we are doing, 30 to day and 100 plus to evening. X

• L
    Beginner June 2013
    loralu ·
    • Hide content

Clairea84 - can I ask how you are doing it?

Are you getting married in a registry office, going for a meal then having a party elsewhere or doing it all in one place? x

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

Sounds like a great idea

• M
    Beginner August 2012
    mariathorp ·
    • Hide content

Were doing this sort of thing to keep cost down! We are marrying in a church so i will be saying on the evening invites that anyone is welcome to come to that but it will just be 50 to the weddign breakfest. lots cheaper we are also not feeding the evening guests anything but cake!!!

• Apples84
    Beginner August 2012
    Apples84 ·
    • Hide content

We're getting married and having the evening all in the same place. We found a hotel that would accommodate us with just a small ceremony and meal and then have another room for evening do. I wanted to make sure we had exclusive use and didn't want to go somewhere too big so we felt lost as a small group. X

• L
    Beginner June 2013
    loralu ·
    • Hide content

Thanks, thats how i'd like mine x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics