Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner June 2025

Small wedding stress

RomanticIvoryHair25336, 28 of August of 2024 at 08:35 Posted on Planning 0 3
Hi, we was supposed to be having an elopement, just us and the kids in Cornwall next June but my partner told his sister and we’ve ended up inviting close family. The venue only holds 40 so it can’t be anymore than that anyway but I’m already stressing which is the complete opposite of what I wanted. The original plan was just us and a photographer, ceremony and photos on the beach and then depending on the weather a picnic on the beach or a meal but now I have everyone else to think of and feel like I need to put more effort in but don’t have a clue what to do. I’ve already decided to pay corkage and take our own drinks for guests for straight after the ceremony, there’s a cafe next door that normally does food for the venue but unfortunately isn’t open on our wedding day, they have said we can arrange or take our own but I’m not sure what to do. Anyone else having a small simple wedding or ideas of what I could do?
Thanks

3 replies

Latest activity by Krina, 30 of August of 2024 at 06:28
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

You absolutely do NOT need to 'put more effort in' now that family are invited. Yes, they need feeding, but it doesn't have to be fancy. Stick with the picnic idea or find a nice local pub or cafe that will do a meal.

I do think it's worth having a conversation with your OH about how you want the wedding to look though. It seems that it is his actions which have resulted in the wedding being larger than you wanted. There's nothing wrong with two people wanting different things for their wedding, but you do need to discuss it and work out a plan together, otherwise you may find him filling up that 40-person venue to capacity before you know it!

• M
    Beginner November 2024 Kent
    Monica345 ·
    • Hide content

Hello,

Explore Nearby Options: Research other venues in Cornwall that can accommodate your larger group. Even if they're not beachfront, they might offer a charming setting that suits your vision. Contact Local Caterers: Reach out MGH Patient Gateway to local caterers who specialize in outdoor weddings or picnics. They can provide food and drink options tailored to your event. Potluck Style: Consider a potluck-style reception where guests bring their own food and drinks. This can be a fun and casual way to celebrate with a larger group.

• K
    Beginner January 2025 Cheshire
    Krina ·
    • Hide content

Since you’re paying corkage and bringing your own drinks, ensure you have a good selection to suit all tastes. Consider a mix of non-alcoholic and alcoholic options. Include easy-to-serve items like sparkling water, fruit juices, and perhaps a selection of wine or beer. You can also have a cooler with ice to keep drinks chilled. myfordbenefits

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics