Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner June 2026 East Riding of Yorkshire

Smaller details

Kirstie, 6 of February of 2024 at 19:40 Posted on Planning 0 11
May seem a silly question, but who is responsible for taking things to your venue ready for the ceremony/reception?
For example, thank you presents for the speeches, box for cards, favours etc

11 replies

Latest activity by Tangkas, 16 of February of 2024 at 23:59
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

It can be anyone you like depending on what works for you. It can be a nice way of including someone who isn't in your bridal party. Alternatively, at many weddings I've been to, it's been the responsibility of the best man or one of the ushers or sometimes the parents. It really doesn't matter as long as the person is able to do it and can be relied on not to forget!

• L
    Rockstar July 2023 Greater Manchester
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    We took most of it ourselves. My parents took my dress and the suits, but all the bits, I did. We arrived the day before though & then handed them over to the venue, and the venue then put them up/out for us.
    Maybe check with your venue if they’d do the same?
  • K
    Kirstie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I will do, thank you. We are not staying the night before so I am panicking we will have to do multiple trips back and forth before hand
  • K
    Kirstie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hadn’t thought of it like that, thanks! Just panicking about having to do multiple trips to the venue and back before hand
  • L
    Rockstar July 2023 Greater Manchester
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Multiple trips? Are you doing all your own decor? How much are you needing to take?
    If it’s a multiple trip affair, I would see who could to your house in the days prior to the wedding to pick stuff up and drop it for you on the day. The only thing with decor, is it’ll need to be dropped much earlier than the 30mins-1hr before that guests typically arrive, so it’ll need some coordination but should all be doable.
    The morning of your wedding is not when you should be worrying that so and so hasn’t come to pick up the confetti yet etc.
  • K
    Kirstie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No we won’t be doing our own decor and I have no idea how much there will be. Just wanted to get an idea of what everyone else does, I’ve obviously never planned a wedding before😅
  • A
    Dedicated March 2024 Essex
    Alison ·
    • Hide content
    We will be visiting the venue the day before to drop off things like the seating plan, favours, a box for cards etc. it will probably be me, my fiancé and my parents
  • E
    Beginner May 2025 Gloucestershire
    Ellisse ·
    • Hide content
    We are intending to arrive at our venue 2 days before our wedding and bring the small items (confetti, invites for the photographer etc) with us and provide relevant items to the venue staff on the rehearsal day. This will also give us time for final checks with the onsite coordinator and last minute activities. For cake, florals, etc the suppliers themselves are bringing them and setting up/providing set up instructions to the venue staff. If possible I’d recommend doing that because of liability - if it breaks or is damaged in transit by them they likely have a clause around fixing it but if you take it off property and transport it and there’s an issue you have to fix it.
  • S
    Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    We are hiring a van but we are doing everything ourselves! Both sides of the families will help us from the Thursday/Friday and will save lots of trips!
  • K
    Kirstie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awfully confused by this. Sorry if I missed the joke.
  • S
    Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is Spam! Don’t worry!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics