Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

<3FutureMrsN<3
Beginner March 2016

"Smooch Rings" ... Anyone used them?

<3FutureMrsN<3, 5 of January of 2013 at 21:49 Posted on Planning 0 36

Hey,

I just wanted to see if anyone has used Smooch rings as I am thinking of using them but I'd just like to have some "referrals" from actual brides2be/brides.

Thanks guys Smiley smile

36 replies

Latest activity by *J9*, 8 of July of 2013 at 20:42
  • Chickster
    Beginner August 2013
    Chickster ·
    • Hide content

Do a search for other threads on this and you'll find there's mixed reviews about them on here. I've heard stories of the reps being hard to get hold of after you have paid a deposit so I personally wouldn't use them.

• S
    Beginner September 2013
    Snc12 ·
    • Hide content

I asked about this a week or so ago and got a mixed response. We have decided to use a local jeweller instead as I need a custom ring to match my engagement ring. Local jeweller was much cheaper Smiley smile

• <3FutureMrsN<3
    Beginner March 2016
    <3FutureMrsN<3 ·
    • Hide content

Mines not got to match my engagement ring BUT I have a 14ct White Gold and I'm yet to find a jewellers who do 14ct White Gold as it is an American metal. (My engagement ring came from a antique market where the owner was american)

• HLT
    Beginner August 2012
    HLT ·
    • Hide content

Yes, fab!

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

I didn't use them in the end as I found them to be quite pushy which I hate but this will depend on the rep for your area.

I'm not sure about them doing 14 carat gold either?! They only advertise 9 and 18 as well as palladium and platinum. Have you had a look on their website?

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Yes

the rep came round and was very rude, stunk of cig smoke and was slate.

He brought loads of rings to look at and try on, the costings he gave us were extortionate though. When we said we were looking to pay about £500 max for my ring he basically laughed at us and said there was no way we would find a nice ring for that amount and indicated that we were wasting his time.

I felt very uncomfortable with him in our house, he made a great deal of fuss that he had driven all the way from Bournemouth to see us (about 40 miles) and we were now not going to buy anything we had wasted his time.

He also said he would sort the free gift for us, never happened.

I posted about it on here and the Smooch rep who is on Hitched (Lisa perhaps?) posted to say she would see to it that we got the free gifts etc, especially as the service was so bad from the rep.

Needless to say we have not heard any more from her.

I honestly would get your rings from a shop. Much better service in my experience, with both my Wedding Rings.

• <3FutureMrsN<3
    Beginner March 2016
    <3FutureMrsN<3 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They do. I've contacted them to check, otherwise I'd have to be looking at american shops.

• <3FutureMrsN<3
    Beginner March 2016
    <3FutureMrsN<3 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

At least they came round unlike FWR. I may go with them and if they're rude then I won't use them and I will complain to them and I WILL be getting my free gifts as a smooch representative at a wedding fayre told me that I could exchange the Best Man present for another Bridesmaid one as I have 4 bridemaids and OH has 2 Best men. I need the pearl bracelets they do lolz

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Why not just buy them? We diddnt persue the issue as the gifts wernt the best quality and looked 'free'. We got better elsewhere and not much money really.

• <3FutureMrsN<3
    Beginner March 2016
    <3FutureMrsN<3 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Because I'm on a tight budget. I'm already buying their earrings and necklaces and they're almost at the top end of my present budget for them

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We were on a huge budget too ( who isn't! ) but the effort if chasing smooch for the gifts was far too much hassle. I found loads of cheap but much nicer bm bracelets on eBay, and even just in the high street. It may be worth having a look?

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I made my bridesmaid bracelets - dead easy and cost less than £10 each including all the tools etc that can be used again.

• <3FutureMrsN<3
    Beginner March 2016
    <3FutureMrsN<3 ·
    • Hide content

OOO they're really pretty! I may do that. Gunna have a hunt on ebay as well.

The main reason for going for smooch is because of the metal of my ring. I'm yet to find a jewellers that do 14ct White Gold. It's all either 18ct or 9ct ☹️

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

hmm, im undecided about the whole mixing carats thing. My ER is 18ct white gold, as was the first wedding ring I bought.

My replacement ring is 9ct (all our revised budget would allow) and there seems to be no real issue between the two?

My sister also has an 18ct ER and a 9ct WR and has worn them for 19 years without any hassle so I am not sure if its all a scam?

Not sure where in the country you are but I have heard lots of good things about Hatton Garden in London or the Birmingham Jewellery quarter? Maybe worth a look as they may have 14ct?

• <3FutureMrsN<3
    Beginner March 2016
    <3FutureMrsN<3 ·
    • Hide content

My engagement ring has already started turning back to yellow on the bottom because it taps against everything. I don't want to take the risk of my rings rubbing together and going obviously yellow. I'm in Suffolk. My sister got her ring in Hatton Garden and said she struggled to get one within their budget and she had a higher budget than me.

• <3FutureMrsN<3
    Beginner March 2016
    <3FutureMrsN<3 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Any idea what this setting is called? I might make all the jewellery for the bridesmaids rather than buying any of them and I want the necklaces and earrings to have this setting.

And what chain did you use for your bracelets?

• L
    Lemon Violet ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Both my daughters and their husbands havee smooch rings and would recommend them. They have plenty of choice, you can choose them from home and the service is excellent.

Lynne

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sorry, I didn't see this!

I have no idea on setting names I'm afraid - I'm no jewellery maker. I just googled a couple of you tube tutorials! Ha!

I used jewellery wire instead of a chain.

• <3FutureMrsN<3
    Beginner March 2016
    <3FutureMrsN<3 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No worries ? I'm using elastic cord (like the links bracelet material) and I've come up with an idea for the pendant which is slightly different and means I haven't got to find out what setting it is ?

• Loopz
    Beginner March 2013
    Loopz ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I had Smooch round tonight and they were OK, but having spoken to some other girls, I'm going to try Alba Rose. They have an online shop and have a shop in Rayleigh near Southend. Where in Suffolk are you?

I've been on their website today and they have 14ct white gold ? and their prices are much cheaper than Smooch. I was quoted £444 for what I liked from Smooch....ont he Alba Rose website, the same thing is £166!!

Lots of ladies on HItched have used Alba and really recommend them. http://www.albarose.com/
    I think I'm going to go and visit them to see what they have.

Also the gifts the Smooch lady showed us looked really cheap ? If we get the, we get them, if we don't I'm not fussed!!

• <3FutureMrsN<3
    Beginner March 2016
    <3FutureMrsN<3 ·
    • Hide content

Might have a look at them. I'm in Brandon near Thetford however, my parents are in Essex which is where I'll be getting married ?

• Loopz
    Beginner March 2013
    Loopz ·
    • Hide content

Def worth a look then...tie it into a visit ?

My parents are in Suffolk, we're in Essex and we're marrying in Bury St Edmunds. I'm constantly saying "oh can we come over? Great. By the way, whilst we're there...." This weekend I am visiting and have booked a florist appointment at their house ? Perfect!

• <3FutureMrsN<3
    Beginner March 2016
    <3FutureMrsN<3 ·
    • Hide content

Ooo i live near Bury at the moment ? had a look on their website... couldn't really see much i like ☹️ think i might just chance smooch i don't mind about their free gifts anymore if they look cheap. depending what they're like, could wear them myself instead

• info@karlkarter.com
    info@karlkarter.com ·
    • Hide content

Hi Future Mrs H,

We are a small jewellery firm based in Hatton Garden and work directly from our workshop making bespoke rings so if you ever needed any advice feel free to contact us or pop by. We're not a shop with lots of stock as we make each piece bespoke and we offer free one:one appointments to discuss and advise on what you are looking for.

http://www.karlkarter.com/jewellery.php?product=engagement-rings

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Mr C had my engagement ring designed from scratch here, I love it.

I love it even more knowing that every detail was chosen by him!

We got both our wedding rings here too... ❤️

• P
    Beginner May 2013
    poochy ·
    • Hide content

Im using smooch rings and im really impressed so far. Our rep was from the chester area and was brilliant

• MrsWatsonToBe
    Beginner November 2015
    MrsWatsonToBe ·
    • Hide content

We organised an appointment which a smooch rep whilst at a wedding fayre.

i got a text a few days before confirming the appointment and i text back to say that was no problem and we looked forward to seeing him. my OH booked the night off work and we waited and waiting. no show. we rang and text him but got no response and he then turned his phone off.

Saw another smooch rep at a later wedding fayre and told them in a nice way that it was a "once bitten twice shy" situation and i was basically told "we dont need your business anyway - go elsewhere", needless to say i was fuming.

Quite annoying as my brother and sister in law who live down in Cambridge had a really good experience with Smooch!!

i suppose it all depends on the rep.

• L
    Lemon Violet ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Both my daughters have Smooch rings and are very pleased with them, and the service was good from the one in the March area of Cambridgeshire

Lynne

• <3FutureMrsN<3
    Beginner March 2016
    <3FutureMrsN<3 ·
    • Hide content

Well i'm in Suffolk near Bury St Edmunds

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

My H has a Smooch ring and tbh we have nothing but good things to say about them

• R
    Beginner April 2013
    roo2605 ·
    • Hide content

Alba Rose are absolutely brilliant - they can do custom designs if you're concerned that there isnt anything you like and their prices are absolutely fantastic and awesome customer service.

I would never deal with Smooch again, EVER - very bad experience.

• <3FutureMrsN<3
    Beginner March 2016
    <3FutureMrsN<3 ·
    • Hide content

I've had my fair share of mixed reviews now. I'm gunna book an appointment and if they're crap i won't use them

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics