Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner May 2009

Smooch Rings- Please Help!

Lea8, 1 October, 2008 at 13:46 Posted on Planning 0 12

Has anyone used this company for their wedding rings. They give free gifts with an appointment and it says on the site you are not obliged to buy. H2B has seen a ring he likes on there and wondered if they are ok?

12 replies

Latest activity by bethanw, 7 April, 2010 at 21:47
  • Cheekyleeky
    Beginner August 2009
    Cheekyleeky ·
    • Hide content

My brother and his wife used them for their wedding rings and were very impressed with them. My sis in law has a 14ct gold engagement ring and found it difficult to find somewhere that did wedding bands in it. Also my brother hates jewellery and wont even pick it up to pass to you, but smooch have managed to make the ring so very little of it touches his finger.

• tahdah
    Beginner September 2009
    tahdah ·
    • Hide content

They were at the wedding show at the weekend, their rings were nice, but I felt that they were a bit 'sell, sell, sell' plus I'd read about them on here so decided not to take it any further, we will probably be using SWAG for our rings

• nicandeuan
    Beginner March 2009
    nicandeuan ·
    • Hide content

I made an appointment for them to come and see us in August and they never turned up. I haven't heard from them and I couldn't get an answer at the number I was given. We have now bought our rings from Ernest Jones instead.

Nic x

• Melancholie
    Beginner December 2014
    Melancholie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My engagement ring and both our wedding rings are from SWAG. Beautiful rings, competitive for the high street, excellent aftercare. Can't recommend them highly enough.

• kittyboo
    Beginner May 2009
    kittyboo ·
    • Hide content

Funnily enough, we had someone round from smooch Monday...

The rings were nice and quite reasonable (ish)..but..She was really pushy to the point of being a bit rude i think she said something like.."er..i can give you £70 off tonight if you buy but not tomorrow as ive actually come along way for this".. I was a bit like er..pardon me if i need some time to think before i part with hundreds of pounds. There was no mention of free gifts either.Needless to say we wont be getting our rings from there.

• M
    Beginner
    mrybridetobe ·
    • Hide content

We used Smooch and so did 5 of my friends, no-one had a problem except for 1 gift not being enclosed and my HTB's ring, which needed re-sizing, although he has Z+ fingers and I am sure it's not easy to get it right. The Smooch adviser was lovely and not at all pushy. we found the rings to be of great quality and we completely changed the design to be more bespoke. They arrived exactly when promised and don't think I could have found better value. Best of all Gary (who hates shopping) didn;t have to move from the couch

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

I'm sure there are a few brides on here who have used Smooch and had a great experience. Don't know where they all are just now but I'm sure one of them will pop along soon.

• L
    Beginner May 2010
    louisebatesuk ·
    • Hide content

Hi I used Ross at Smooch and he was brilliant. WE met him at a wedding fayre and he took our details. He contacted us really quickly and was more than happy to fit in with our plans and visit us at home. My h2b wanted titanium ring and I wanted platinum, and ross was able to help, and their prices were way cheaper than anywhere else we had looked.

I would recommend them.

• delvesje
    Super November 2010
    delvesje ·
    • Hide content

We originally made an appointment with Smooch and the chap never turned up, we went with Forever Wedding Rings, brilliant service and lovely rings too!

• videogal
    videogal ·
    • Hide content

We had no problem with Smooch - our area rep was very friendly, punctual, non-pushy and spent a lot of time at our house whilst we browsed through hundreds of rings. We did pick rings but when she worked out the price they came to £2000 and we just couldn't afford to spend that much so we didn't get the rings in the end. We never got the hard sell nor did we get phone call after phone call trying to sell us some other rings. She left the decision with us and that was that. We often see Smooch at wedding fayres and I think some area reps from what I've seen are indeed very pushy. The stands always attract lots of couples.

We ended up getting our rings for £500 from the Jewellery Quarter in Birmingham and we love them! x

• bethanw
    Beginner May 2010
    bethanw ·
    • Hide content

I'm a bit confused as this is an old thread but anyway, we used Smooch and had no problems. The lady was lovely, didn't push us, let OH look to his hearts content (mine was made to fit my engagement ring). My engagement ring was taken away to be moulded and came back cleaned. The ring was perfect first time. OH's was slightly too big but they resized if free of change within a couple of weeks. I had a very positibe experience with them.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics