Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner August 2013

Smooch wedding rings

annie2000, 12 September, 2011 at 16:41 Posted on Planning 0 24

Having seen Smooch at a wedding fair yesterday we have an appointment for their local rep to come and see us tomorrow. Am really excited about choosing our rings.

Have read mixed reviews though, so any info/opinions on Smooch would be welcome,

thanks

24 replies

Latest activity by looneysh, 6 October, 2011 at 09:41
  • lianne22
    Beginner September 2012
    lianne22 ·
    • Hide content

We went with smooch and are really happy with them. They were a little more expensive then i thought they would be, but I'm really happy with them and cant wait to get our rings!!

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

We are very happy with our rings:

Service was excellent, rep was great, the only issue we had was Royal Mail - which isn't Smooch's fault.

• MonaLisaBrideToBe
    Beginner June 2012
    MonaLisaBrideToBe ·
    • Hide content

We have used Smooch and they are fantastic!

• MissTtoMrsB
    Beginner August 2012
    MissTtoMrsB ·
    • Hide content

We have ordered ours from Smooch ? .. obviously i cannot comment on them yet but we were really pleased with thier customer service.

• K
    Beginner October 2011
    karen945 ·
    • Hide content

We've used smooch and are more than happy with the final rings.

• Sparkly Bride
    Beginner August 2012
    Sparkly Bride ·
    • Hide content

I have never heard of them. Are they really good priced?? xx

• Michelle772012
    Beginner July 2012
    Michelle772012 ·
    • Hide content

WSS its a nightmare trying to find rings would be interested in a rough idea of cost x

• A
    Beginner August 2013
    annie2000 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone, nice to see so many positive recommendations, has put my mind at rest.

Will let you know how our appointment goes tomorow Smiley smile

• lianne22
    Beginner September 2012
    lianne22 ·
    • Hide content

If you look on their website it gives price lists for the various metals/rings.

• Michelle772012
    Beginner July 2012
    Michelle772012 ·
    • Hide content

Just looked and very reasonable i like the fact you can pay per diamond and design your own thanks for the thread x

• laura@smooch
    laura@smooch ·
    • Hide content

Ooooh, I do love to see all these happy customers!

If any of you have any specific questions about our rings, please feel free to give me a shout on here or over on our facebook page ?

Laura x

• Jason Clark DJ
    Jason Clark DJ ·
    • Hide content

We've also gone Smooch! We met the rep last week and liked the way it wasn't rushed compared to a traditional jewellers in the high street.

Looking forward to receiving ours next month!

• brenda.hu
    Beginner June 2012
    brenda.hu ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

looks simple but stunning~almost fall in love with it.

• B
    Beginner
    Blinkered ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi,

Do you mind if I hijack this thread to ask the rough price of an 16 carat white gold wedding ring, shaped around by engagement ring but with no diamonds? I've got a price for a local jewellers so don't want to get Smooch out unless it's likely to save me money.

Thanks in advance!

• laura@smooch
    laura@smooch ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Blinkered,

It's tricky to say as there are so many variables. We have some rings that are pre-shaped which might be suitable too.

With white gold especially, I feel very confident in saying that with Smooch, you will save money! Even if you do find a ring a little cheaper elsewhere, Smooch are the only jewellers in the UK that offer a lifetime guarantee, which includes re-plating. This normally costs around £25-£50 each time depending on where you have it done, so with us you can be sure of saving money in the long run (most white gold rings need to be re-plated anything from once a year to once every 5 years)

If you can let me know how wide you would like the ring, I can get a rough price for you though ?

Laura x

• B
    Beginner
    Blinkered ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Laura. I was thinking probably 3mm.

• B
    Beginner
    Blinkered ·
    • Hide content

*bump*

• looneysh
    Beginner May 2012
    looneysh ·
    • Hide content

I've sent off a appointment request to smooch, can't wait until we get to see their collection....

• B
    Beginner
    Blinkered ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

How exciting! Let us know how you get on ?

• laura@smooch
    laura@smooch ·
    • Hide content

Hey Blinkered, sorry for the delay! So some rough prices for you...

For a 3mm 'shaped to fit' ring:

9ct white gold - £415

18ct white gold - £680

Palladium - £625

or for a 2.5mm 'shaped to fit' ring@

9ct white gold - £390

18ct white gold - £570

Palladium - £410

Obviously all are covered by our lifetime guarantee, free re-plating, re-sizing etc, you can even just send it back for a bit of a polish if you like.

Hope that helps, let me know if you need any more info...

Laura x

• B
    Beginner
    Blinkered ·
    • Hide content

That's great. Thank you! Just one last question - presumably if one of your "standard" shaped rings fit with my ER then it would be a bit cheaper?

• laura@smooch
    laura@smooch ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes, we've got loads of different rings, so I'm sure we'd be able to find something in budget for you. In all honesty, the easiest thing would be to have an appointment, there really is no pressure, and you'd be under absolutely no obligation to buy.

Laura x

• laura@smooch
    laura@smooch ·
    • Hide content

Oh I'm sure we could find you something! Men's standard weight 5mm rings start at £200, so that leaves you £600 to play with ?

Our diamonds start at just £25 each, so bling shouldn't be a problem.

We also offer an interest free payment option, so you can order your rings now and then pay for them monthly until the wedding. Lots of people find this really helpful, rather than having to find a big lump sum all in one go.

Laura x

• looneysh
    Beginner May 2012
    looneysh ·
    • Hide content

I had my appointment with smooch last night, and my OH really enjoyed it more than he expected. He's chosen a yellow gold (i think medium weight ring) which was £380 including a 12% discount because he has slim fingers! and I will order a palladium fingerfit ring and willhave a few small diamonds! All in it will be about £950 which is good cos I was expecting to pay that just for my ring. I don't know how I feel about my oh choosing yellow gold though as I was expecting us to get matching rings....but he really didn't like White gold and I dont like yellow gold....

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics