Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner September 2013

Smooch Wedding rings

Snc12, 17 December, 2012 at 15:51 Posted on Planning 0 17

Hi, has anyone used Smooch to order their wedding bands? What did you think to them?? I am having to have my ring made to fit my Diana/Kate style engagement ring.

Or does anyone have any other recommendations? I know our local jeweller does bespoke but wondered if some of the online retailers were any good

ta x

17 replies

Latest activity by Honky, 11 January, 2013 at 17:51
  • overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Quite a few of the ladies on here have used them in the past. I've also got a 'Diana' style ring and I couldn't get a wedding ring to slot into it either - it's an awkward shape isn't it!

• soon2bmrsRB
    Beginner May 2013
    soon2bmrsRB ·
    • Hide content

I can recommend mark milton! my auntie can design a ring for you!

• RebTheEck
    Beginner August 2013
    RebTheEck ·
    • Hide content

We've used them as has my sister. I'd recommend them - they have loads of different shapes and will also make a bespoke one to match if need be

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

We used Smooch and they were great. We needed a specially shaped one and they worked out far cheaper than any high st jeweller.

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I didn't buy my rings from them as I decided to cancel my appointment as I thought it was to soon to buy them. I'd booked the appointment as I felt a bit pressured when I met with one of their reps at a wedding show.

When I went to cancel/rearrange found them quite pushy again. I gave them plenty of notice too.

I'd have a look on their website and only book an appointment if you're pretty sure you'll buy the day they visit you.

• S
    Beginner September 2013
    Snc12 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have been given a quote of around £1k from the high street jeweller that the engagement ring came from! And that was for a plain, slightly shaped band!!

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

Big Alba Rose advocate here. Essex based but do mail order.

• unexpectedpenny
    Beginner January 2013
    unexpectedpenny ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I knew you'd have recommended them too! We both seriously need commission for mentioning AlbaRose so much!

OP, www.albarose.com - amazing prices and made to fit around engagement rings if needed. Couldn't recommend them enough!

• HLT
    Beginner August 2012
    HLT ·
    • Hide content

Yes we did and I can really recommend them. It's lovely to receive such a personal service and have the opportunity to shop from the comfort of your own home. It was very convenient for us (having small children upstairs in bed!) and the sales advisor wasn't pushy at all which was a concern I had. The free bridesmaid and best men gifts, interest free payment plan, free cleaning of my engagement ring, free cleaning of both rings for the future as well as the lifetime guarantee completely sold it to me!

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha I love them! Good work on posting the link, I forgot that minor detail!

• A
    Beginner August 2013
    Alipops1986 ·
    • Hide content

I have a marquise cut [diamond shape] diamond as my engagement ring, which I love but crikey it was hardwork finding a wedding ring.

High st stores wanted at least £700 just for a plain one wedding ring.

Then, I found www.weddingringsdirect.com - got a plain, thin ring that fits perfectly my engagement ring for £390! I simply chose the shape I thought would fit, ordered the sample for £6, it fitted perfectly, sent sample back and ordered real one in 18ct rose gold [so not a cheap metal!] and got the price of the sample £6 off my order.

Due to the nature of my engagement ring i chose not to have any diamonds on my wedding ring.

Alipops x

• kitty83
    Beginner March 2014
    kitty83 ·
    • Hide content

I'm also having mine made to fit my engagment ring (as its 18ct rose gold so can't buy from the hight st!), i've had quotes from all the places online (including smooch, alba rose, wedding rings direct and various other places), and they all wanted between £300-600 for a plain shaped one. The other day i popped into a local jewellery workshop, the kind of place that does repairs rather than selling jewellery, and he will make me one exactly fitted to my engagement ring for £120! so i would definitey recommend trying somewhere like that if you have one locally? Seems with wedding rings, its very often cheaper to get bespoke rather than off the shelf! ?

• R
    Beginner April 2013
    roo2605 ·
    • Hide content

We were going to use Smooch - had our first meeting, sent off my engagement ring (as mine is a weird shape) so that I could get a bespoke wedding ring.

Not impressed.

They had my engagement ring for 4 weeks, created a wax mould and a sample and it still didn't even remotely fit to my engagement ring - let alone look right.

I cancelled my order and went with Alba Rose instead. They had my engagement ring for 1 day and returned it the next day. First design was 100% right and I am unbelievably happy with it. Also a LOT cheaper than Smooch.

• L
    Lemon Violet ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Both my daughters and their husbands have smooch rings and would certainly recommend them.

Lynne

• MrsMeldrew
    Beginner October 2012
    MrsMeldrew ·
    • Hide content

My WR is from Smooch. Can't recommend highly enough

• info@karlkarter.com
    info@karlkarter.com ·
    • Hide content

Hi Snc12,

We are a small jewellery firm working from our workshop in Hatton Garden and offer one:one appointments for couples to discuss the design of the ring and each piece is bespoke, made to the specifications of the individuals. If you needed any help or advice, please give us a shout.

http://www.karlkarter.com/jewellery.php?product=engagement-rings

****@**********.***

• Honky
    Beginner October 2013
    Honky ·
    • Hide content

There was a less than flattering thread on here the other day about them. Will try and bump for you.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics