Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner July 2015

Smooth running wedding!

Bazley-to-be, 24 of January of 2015 at 00:01 Posted on Planning 0 5

I'm stressing!! Not having been to many weddings before (we're talking single figures) I really don't know how it all works! Who oversees the smooth running of the day? Is that usually down to someone at the venue or someone from the wedding party? We weren't going to have any ushers as we've only got 50 day guests so didn't think it would be necessary but now I'm thinking about getting the right people in the right place for photos, dinner etc and think we might need a couple. someone at work mentioned hiring a toastmaster and now I don't know whether we should hire one of these although we were really hoping for an informal day so don't know if it would fit with the atmosphere of the day?!? I have emailed our venue for their views but so far not heard anything back (2 days) and its playing more and more on my mind! We are meant to have a meeting with the coordinator in April to go through the day and finalise menus choices, numbers etc but I don't think I can wait that long! Any advise welcome! Thank you for reading my ramblings!! X

5 replies

Latest activity by Bazley-to-be, 24 of January of 2015 at 19:04
  • B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

Honestly don't stress about it, your venue will give you timings of the day.

As for organising the photos your photographer will probably ask you to assign two people to get those guests in each group photo to the spot where the photographer will take the photos, do this about 15 minutes after you come out of the ceremony so they have enough time to get them done before the sit down meal, depending on your timings that is and how many group photos you are having, they don't take that long.

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

A good photographer will make sure everything keeps to schedule, it's one of the benefits of hiring a professional photographer. Though we do vary in terms of ability at the task! The toastmaster really only oversees the reception, eg calling people in and sorting out the speeches. If you want an informal day then a toastmaster doesn't go with that! You can book wedding planners who do on the day coordination, that's probably no more expensive than a toastmaster.

Usually the venue supply someone who introduces the speeches etc.

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

So glad you added that bit, most photographers don't know how to organise a p*** up let alone make sure someones wedding runs smoothly.

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

Don't stress! we have 2 wedding co-ordinators from the venue who will be in charge of this. Wait for your venue to get back to you, I'm sure they have someone to do this.

• soraneko
    Beginner June 2016
    soraneko ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This, especially if it's just small and informal it'll work out just fine! Do you have adult bridesmaids? Again, if there's only a small number of guests, they could maybe help? Or one parents from each side just for photo gathering Smiley smile Breath, my lovely, it's fine.

On the note of venues getting back - I love my co-ordinator, but she's only part-time and we've got until June next year... but I COMPLETELY get the frustration waiting for them to get back!

• B
    Beginner July 2015
    Bazley-to-be ·
    • Hide content

Thank you all so much for taking the time to reply everyone, I really am so grateful and....I'm feeling calmer now! :-)

The latest development is that we've asked my brother (who was originally asked to be my witness) to be our usher! I'm completely confident that between him and the best man (h2b's brother) it will all run smoother as I'm going to compile a short list of what I'd like them to assist with! I really have taken on board all your comments.

Thank you you again you lovely bunch of people xxxxxxxxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics