Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

pcrmummy
Beginner September 2012

So after my Bridesmaid laughed at my choice of bridal entrance song..............

pcrmummy, 2 March, 2012 at 12:52 Posted on Planning 0 15

Ive decided to go ahead and have this song anyway. I have had my heart set on this song from day one. I think it is so beautiful. Its Angry Anderson, Suddenly. The reason she laughed is because this song was played on the programme 'Gavin and Stacey' at Nessa's wedding.

I did decide against this song after she told me where it was played, and ive been changing my mind constantly over what song I was going to walk down the aisle to. This is the song for me. Ive loved it ever since I heard it on Neighbours ?

Do you think id be making a fool out of myself by using this song? xx

15 replies

Latest activity by lurvlytwink, 2 March, 2012 at 18:30
  • *sweetpea*
    Beginner July 2012
    *sweetpea* ·
    • Hide content

At the end of the day it's your wedding and if it makes you and your H2B happy then go for it! If I'm totally honest though as a guest I couldn't help but have a chuckle. Too much assocation with Charlene and Scott!!

• pcrmummy
    Beginner September 2012
    pcrmummy ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for being honest with me ?

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    Nicalf08 ·
    • Hide content

Sod it who cares what anyone else associates it with, and if they have an internal chuckle well then that's ok? I've watched Gavin and Stacey and would never remember that song as being the way they used, Charlene and Jason donavon were a bit before my time so I definitely wouldn't think of that!

• pcrmummy
    Beginner September 2012
    pcrmummy ·
    • Hide content

Thank you also for your honesty. I have narrowed it down to 3 others. Chicago 'You're the Inspiration', Leona Lewis ' A moment like this' and Aaron Neville 'Dont know much'

• pcrmummy
    Beginner September 2012
    pcrmummy ·
    • Hide content

Thank you ?

• IshouldCoco
    Beginner September 2012
    IshouldCoco ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't laugh aloud if I heard that song played, inwardly I would think it was a bit corny/cheesy, (sorry).

• L
    Beginner April 2012
    LEMBS8 ·
    • Hide content

I say use it! If you love it and it is meaningful to you that's all that matters. I'm planning on using a poem from Sex and the City on my Order of Service because it's so fitting for me and my H2B. I think most people won't have a clue where it's from and those that do, even if they do chuckle, I don't care!

Go for it!

• Tallulaha
    Beginner November 2012
    Tallulaha ·
    • Hide content

Definitely have it! I'm having it as my exit song...mainly because I LOVED Scott and Charlene when I was a kid and their wedding was and still is the best TV wedding I've ever seen! (Judge me I dont care!) Also I think its great that half the guests will know exactly where the song has come from and it will make them laugh and the other half of the guests will just think we're being massively cheesey!

• MrsP2012
    Beginner September 2012
    MrsP2012 ·
    • Hide content

I will be honest with you and say i think it is abit cheesy but its your wedding n you shouldnt change ur mind cuz of other people. I heard a brillaint entrance song the other day at a friends wedding, which i hadnt thought of as entrance music, the intro to Halo by Beyonce. Flipping eck that nearly brought a tear to my eye. It was very dramatic. Would have it myself if she wasnt coming to the wedding haha. xxx

• K
    kristiansmart ·
    • Hide content

I think most people won't have a clue where it's from and those that do, even if they do chuckle, I don't care!

• Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content

this too, but I don't think I would chuckle in a bad way but it would remind me of the neighbours wedding, humour is no bad thing unless you really dont want it to be humerous though!

I watched Gavin and Stacey and dont remember it being in that either!

• lurvlytwink
    Beginner June 2012
    lurvlytwink ·
    • Hide content

Most of my guests wouldnt have a clue either from neighbours or gavin and stacey.

saying that thought i'm having a trance song as my signing song & as our exit song we're having a song which is now on some poxy cars insurance ad...so people will be saying "ooo eer why have they got the car insurance add as their music" (obv its not "goooo comppparrre" or anything stupid!) x

• Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Good point I guess it depends on the age group of your guests, I was young when the neighbours wedding was on and at the time it was the height of cool so I reckon my mates and people of our age group would instantly recognise it, associate it with that and have a bit of a remaniscing (sp) chuckle but I would have thought aside from that people wouldnt really know it anyway!

• Soulmates
    Beginner August 2012
    Soulmates ·
    • Hide content

I think it's really sweet, and for what it's worth, I just played the song to my OH who is 32 and he didn't have a clue where it was from!

• lurvlytwink
    Beginner June 2012
    lurvlytwink ·
    • Hide content

My oh has no idea what the song is from. has heard it but would of known it was from either x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics