Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

PrettyFlower90
Beginner July 2016

So confused about wedding dress!!

PrettyFlower90, 13 of June of 2015 at 21:34 Posted on Planning 0 8

So I tried on wedding dresses for first time this week! Been to 4 wedding dress appointments, 3 were today, and I've tried on about 25 dresses and I can't decide! I'm so confused.. Everything I tried on was just gorgeous, I didn't think I'd find so many lovely dresses!! I think I find one that I love, and then I go to the next shop and think I've found a better one! I don't know how I'm gonna make my mind up.. There are definitely a few that I can see myself in.. But I can't make up my mind.. The more I try on the more confused I get.. Anyone else finding it difficult?? Lol

8 replies

Latest activity by MrsWebberToBe, 15 of June of 2015 at 12:40
  • MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

That's why they say you shouldn't try so many! Have you got pictures? That might help you. Get a shortlist, then look at things like price, whether the style fits your wedding, practicality (e.g. are you going to have to carry a 4ft train around, or be squeezed into something super tight all day) think about what you want to look like in your photos, especially when you look back at them in lots of years time.

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

You've tried on too many! That's why you've confused yourself. I would go back to the shops you've been in and try on your favourite few again and pick between them. Don't try on any more lol.

• bubblerawk
    Beginner July 2016
    bubblerawk ·
    • Hide content

I think you might have tried too many lol

i tried on less than 7 and my dress was only the 2nd i'd tried on. some may say i didnt try on enough but i know id get too confused if i tried on loads Smiley smile

i'd go back to the shop that you had your favourites in and try them again. i personally wouldnt go looking at any more Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner May 2016
    mkw ·
    • Hide content

I've just had exactly the same problem! I tried on a whole bunch of different styles, and got really confused. I wasn't really sure what I wanted, so I left it a couple of weeks before going back to try things on again. By that time I had narrowed it down a bit and made a few decisions about the style of the dress, so it was much easier to make a decision. Good luck!

• L
    Beginner October 2014
    LalaC1988 ·
    • Hide content

As said by the other ladies, I would also think of one aspect you need to have or adore, a certain body style for example or a maximum sealing price and keep to it.

• B
    Beginner December 2016
    b2be1 ·
    • Hide content

Everybody says not to try on too many and i thought I had (maybe 12-15 dresses) and was ready to pick one that i thought was the best of the bunch. I went one more time and put on something completely and utterly unexpected and different and bought in on the spot. At the risk of sounding cliche, when you know - you know!

I say take your time (if you have time!) dont try on too many in one day but keep looking! Remember, wedding dresses are lovely - that's the whole point. I felt amazing in most of the ones i tried on - but there was always a but! Until i found my one!

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't say you've tried on too many, more that you've tried too many in such a short space of time. I tried about 20 dresses before I found my dress, but I'd spaced the appointments out and took pics of my fave at each one. In the end when I found my dress I forgot about all the others and didn't want to take it off. Have a little break and work out which style was your favourite and make you shortlist based on that.

• PrettyFlower90
    Beginner July 2016
    PrettyFlower90 ·
    • Hide content

See I don't think I've tried on too many, a lot Yeh, but not too much. I don't want to settle on a dress, not that any dress has been bad but coz I haven't put one on and thought "this is the one". I've put them all on and thought wow this is amazing lol I've got photos of 2 I really like, but one is my size so it fitted and so photos look great, the other had to be pinned obv to make it look my size, and so the photo doesn't look as good as I know it did.. Theb dresses I'm going for are all the same style so I don't have an issue with that. It's just small things that I like on both dresses that make me go between both of them.. I really did not think it would be this hard!! I'm never this indecisive!!

• M
    Beginner July 2015
    MrsWebberToBe ·
    • Hide content

I loved the first one I tried, but then went and tried on about 10 others just to make sure, but went right back to dress number one.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics