MrsB88, 10 of September of 2014 at 21:56 Posted on Planning 0 7

No prices on the website? Can't order online? Am i being thick lol

7 replies

Latest activity by MrsB88, 11 of September of 2014 at 18:13
  • Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

You need to find a uk stockist to order through. I found a local bridal shop and ordered them there.

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

Ahhhh okay. I went to a bridal shop yesterday & saw some. They were all £200 each. The lady said they might be cheaper online. That was a lie then lol

• T
    Beginner May 2015
    trewsie ·
    • Hide content

We had Dessy dresses for my sisters wedding last year and they were all £200 - £250. We got tem from a bridal shop so had all the alterations done there as well.

However, she did hear/read somewhere that it is cheaper to buy them online through American websites as they are an American company so work out cheaper but then you will need to get alterations done separately if needed. I think you also need to consider the import tax.

• Only waited 8 years
    Beginner December 2014
    Only waited 8 years ·
    • Hide content

I have ordered Dessy dresses for my bridesmaids and they have just arrived in the shop! Not seen them yet. They aren't the cheapest of bridesmaid dresses however as my bridesmaids are such different shapes and sizes it was a good option for me. When I was looking into ordering them I phoned around different shops and they varied in price by around £30. They are likely to require alterations but you don't have to get them done at the Bridal shop so may be worth shopping round for that too. I also pushed for a 10% discount from the shop too. There are shops from America that you can get them from cheaper however I have read some horror stories about dresses arriving in the wrong size and the company refuse to change them.

• K
    Beginner October 2014
    katie80uk ·
    • Hide content

Try Alfred Angelo as well. Most bridal shops stock them. i got 2 lovely bridesmaid dresses for £150.00 each because they had the exact colours that i wanted and style so didnt mind paying that extra. But a a warning dresses from Dessy and Alfred Angelo can take up to 5 months, i ordered mine in March and they didnt come till late August x

• B
    Beginner September 2014
    Bear89 ·
    • Hide content

Hi MrsB88,

You could try www.rkbridal.com. I ordered 2 full length Dessy bridesmaid dresses from an American site. The total cost for the two dresses and shipping came to less than one dress at a bridal shop over here.

They said it would take about 16 weeks for them to arrive but they were here in about 8. It does mean having to find a seamstress for any alterations needed, but I'd definately recommend them.

Hope this is useful x

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

My friend is ordering Dessy twist and wrap dresses online. I'm not entirely sure who through but I'll try and find out and update this later on.

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks so much ladies!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics