Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner June 2019

So, I bought the dress and now having massive doubts

Natts1234, 21 of January of 2019 at 00:32 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0

I found a dress a really liked online. I went to try it on and liked it initially, but still had it on my mind thatI have another appointment with a bridal boutique in my home country - with many dresses I really likedonline and knowing their quality of fabric and finishing is great as I've been to theor boutique a fewmonths back). When trying it on, I was decided I'll wait until I try the other dresses before making anydecision - I knew I'd have to pay a rush fee as we decided last minute for a destination wedding in May.Amd then...the shop assistant said if I decide today and buy it off the rack, she'll gove me £600 doscoint(original price was £2250 + £250 rush fee for a tilor made one), and £1600 for an off the rack version (which was one size too large).

i took a few hours to think about it, sent photos to my mum and sister and they said to go for it (seemed like mostly due to a fact the dress is from London - saving a hussle of travelling for the fittings later). So I bought it, was super excited on the day. But the day after... the excitement is gone, looking at the photos and I don't like how it looks anymore. Not sure if it's because of the size or the bottom of the dress is just not what I previously imagined (I wanted a bit more A-line, and something that supports breasts a bir better). What's more, I showed the photos to some friends today and, while they were polite, I could see they didn't really like it- which made me doubt it even more. Not really sure what to do - I still love how it looks on a model (https://goo.gl/images/QM5d2L), I love the lace on the top and how nicely it fits with our destination wedding. But I'm afraid it doesn't make my figure look too good, and I would really prefer the bottom part to have a slightly different shape and fabric. Would love your thoughts and advice on this, feeling totally down. Did anyone have a similar experience? Will tailoring it by a seamstress really make that much of a difference in terms of how it looks like on me?

• L
    Beginner January 2019
    LuxuriousRedStationery801 ·
    • Hide content

No matter how beautiful a dress is if you don’t feel comfortable or confident in it then you won’t wnjoy wearing it. I had put a deposit down on a dress in a particular bridal store because I found the whole dress shopping experience really horrible. However after listening to me give a very half hearted yes I’ve got the dress kind of thing a friend persuaded me that I really ought to try and persevere with trying some others which meant I actually went with a different dress in the end! Although I didn’t get that immediate fall in love and lightbulb moment I went with a lady who I knew would give me her honest opinion when trying them on and my mum even cried at it so was definitely the right one for me x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics