Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

pammy67
Beginner April 2015

So I decided to make a hair vine tonight.....

pammy67, 15 of January of 2015 at 18:14 Posted on Planning 0 18

.. And thought you might like to see. I've shown it alongside the comb I made. I futre the hairdresser can then choose which will go best with my hair on the day. What do you think? I'm not 100% happy with the comb. I had to cover the wires with ribbon which bulked it up a bit too much, as much as I like the beading....mmmmm

18 replies

Latest activity by I-go-by-many-names, 17 of January of 2015 at 13:58
  • bubblerawk
    Beginner July 2016
    bubblerawk ·
    • Hide content

Wow they look amazing. i love the comb.very talented Smiley smile

• jen-lou
    Super July 2016
    jen-lou ·
    • Hide content

Wow Pammy you are super talented. I'd swayed more towards the vine myself, but either look good .

• TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content

Pfft, You are too talented!! Both look great, I guess like you said wait til your hairs done then decide! Shame not to be able to wear both really

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

You're too kind. But I've done some more on the comb and am happier with this. The ribbon is now mainly covered with more sparkle lol. I like the vine because it's simple and light and I fear the comb could be too heavy for my hair. Be a shame not to wear it, but we'll see on the day.

Beginner March 2015
    2ndtimeforever ·
    • Hide content

They are both gorgeous, the comb looks amazing with the extra sparkle. x

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Shelly, very kind as always. I had my trial last year. Because we're getting wed away its a bit of a nightmare, but I'm thinking of going to my local salon and getting them to play, take pics and I'll send them to my stylist for the day. Smiley smile that would deffo help decide. Xx

• MrsToffee
    Expert April 2015
    MrsToffee ·
    • Hide content

They're both lovely!! Fancy making something for me?!

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Shelley and just what I was thinking. I do love the comb but think it will be too heavy for my hair so likely to be the vine which I do like as well. Glad you like the colours. Just hoping the earrings and bracelet will be ok. Don't know if I've posted them but I've gone for a splash of colour

They do actually match and the true colours are in between how these look. I'm going to wear them when I go for my fitting. Darling daughter will try and do my hair so I look something like. If they don't go I will just enjoy them Smiley smile xx

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lol. Thank you hun. Very kind. If I thought I could do something good enough I would xxx

• A
    Beginner March 2015
    Almost~Mrs~W ·
    • Hide content

Omg they arebeautiful

how did you make the vine?

xoxo

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Ooh, gorgeous! Definitely worth a bit of a trial. I really love the vine, would make a stunning necklace or bracelet too. Love the jewellery too!

• LittleMissPanda
    Beginner October 2015
    LittleMissPanda ·
    • Hide content

Wow they are both lovely!
    The comb look awesome with the extra sparkle Smiley smile

• RusticBride15
    Beginner June 2015
    RusticBride15 ·
    • Hide content

Pammy wow!!! Your vine looks amazing!!!

How did you do it? I have no idea what i want doing with my hair, and i don't like too much fuss which IMO the combs are, i would love something just really simple and elegant like that.. Do spill ?

❤️

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Lol - you're all very kind. The vine was really easy - it is a simple design - I used bright fine wire, guage 26 or 28, large sew on rhinestones, 8mm - must be sew on,they will have holes in them where you would normally stitch them for your wires, and glass pearls I think 5mm and 3mm. A length of wire - about 20" - tbh should have been a bit longer....maybe 24"

Using jewellery round nosed pliers I found the mid point of the wire and wrapped it round the pliers nose twice to create a loop for gripping the vine to your hair. I then twisted the wire about four times just to give a short length before the first rhinestone.

Then keeping the two wires parallel, I threaded one wire through one side of the rhinestone and the other through the other and then twisted it twice to fix the rhinestone.

I took the large glass pearl and slipped that onto the top wire, and the two smaller on the other wire, slip them close to the previous twist and align the pearls how you want and twist twice. Make sure you keep everything aligned so the rhinestone needs to be facing up.

Keeping your wires parallel, slip on another rhinestone and twist twice. Then if you've twisted twice both times you should now slip the two small pearls onto the top wire and the larger onto the bottom wire, slide them down and twist, and that's it until it's as long as you want.

When you reach the end and you've finished on a rhinestone, twist four times then wrap the wires around your pliers and wrap round the wires back towards your last rhinestones to form the loop. Wrap any remaining wire back through keeping it tidy and out of view and snip at a suitable point making sure the ends won't stick in your head and you're done. The key is to keep it flat while you're working on it so it lies as it will on your head, then you can be sure you get the beads in the right order and all the rhinestones face the right way.

I do hope that makes sense....good luck and if you do have a go, do flash.

• L
    Beginner November 2014
    LoveWeddiings ·
    • Hide content

Love it! They look amazing!

• I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content

These are really good, you must be very pleased with them. I like the extra sparkle over the ribbon on the comb, definitely an improvement. Well done.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics