Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Arquard
Beginner May 2011

So my RSVP deadline is today....

Arquard, 31 March, 2011 at 20:26 Posted on Planning 0 16

And I still have 45 people with no response! Hahahaha. Ah well, isn't it the old old story of wedding planning? At least I have 3 weeks to chase everyone up before we have to give the venue final numbers.

16 replies

Latest activity by Mrs G to be, 2 April, 2011 at 14:43
  • Mrs P 2 B
    Beginner January 2012
    Mrs P 2 B ·
    • Hide content

Grrr people are soooo annoying!! I would be like sorry you didn't rsvp you'll have to pay now hehe

• leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

Thats rude sorry.. how hard is it to write a letter- lick a stamp and post ? one of my pet peeves sorry?

• MonaLisaBrideToBe
    Beginner June 2012
    MonaLisaBrideToBe ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I totally agree! It is one part of this planning process I am dreading!

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

Haha - even worse, all our RSVPs are online. We have an email address and a button/form on the website for people to use! Everyone we've invited is tech-savvy enough to deal with this but STILL there are some lagging behind. Ah well.

• W
    Beginner
    WhiteSparkles ·
    • Hide content

I can't believe people don't RSVP! We didn't have this problem but are only having 50 to the day so I guess that helped! I've had a last minute drop out today though which is annoying with 2 weeks left until the wedding. Nevermind...

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

Ive got a feeling this will happen to us. Had a flurry of them back a week after we sent them and then NOTHING since. We do have a while left, but i wont be worried about chasing them, in fact i will love harrassing them for a reply ?

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

Our deadline was a month ago and we've still got about 20 people that haven't responded, despite being contacted in some way or another to remind them and asking them to complete and return the form, which they all claimed to still have.

We've given up on them. We aren't bothering to chase them any more, and if they happen to turn up on the day then tough, they should have let us know officially one way or another - 3 contact phone numbers and an email address were on the invitations so they really have absolutely no excuse at all.

• L
    Beginner April 2011
    loopyjennie ·
    • Hide content

We were the same hun.. were still chasing a month later.. x hope you get some responses soon.

• C
    Beginner September 2011
    clairewill ·
    • Hide content

It's my biggest wedding regret so far that I didn't put an RSVP date on my invites! They've been out for around 2 months now and less than half have replied. It's so annoying and I really hate waiting when it's so important to me! I'm going to start ringing around in another couple of weeks.

• Fleur10
    Beginner June 2011
    Fleur10 ·
    • Hide content

Our deadline was today too and we have had hardly anyone rsvp. Some people have called us tonight and done it that way and a few emailed. I have had to chase people up, worse thing was some people cant make it and I was like, oh so were you going to rsvp and tell us then!! It annoys me, the date on the invite is there for a reason so we can plan the food, tables etc with the venue, also I think its just decent courtesy when you have been invited to something to rsvp in the time given..... grrrrrr it does make me wonder why we bothered wasting money on invites!

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

Unfortunately most people won't have a clue what RSVP actually means.

In the context of social invitations, RSVP or Rsvp (or either of these with a period inserted after each letter) is a request for a response from the invited person. It is an initialism derived from the French phrase répondez s'il vous plaît, meaning "Please respond"

Most seem to think "let us know if you're coming" which, for a party doesn't matter, but when you're paying per head, it matters a lot.

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My h2b decided that seeing as we're not French, he'd be funny and title the RSVP form on our website "RSVP (or RP seeing as we're not actually French)". He thinks he's so clever, lol.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

My invites should be hitting peoples doormats today and my RSVP date is 31st May so I hope that people will respond. Im so hyper organised I hate people not sending cards/emails/texts even back!

• Fleur10
    Beginner June 2011
    Fleur10 ·
    • Hide content

People know, especially for a wedding, that they have to confirm their attendance. I just think its plain rude when you have spent time and effort putting the invites together with all the extra information so they know exactly where to go, what is happening when etc..

We should have saved our money and just sent an email out!!

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

Our deadline is tomorrow.

I'm not hopeful of a full complement of responses but stranger things have happened...

• Mrs G to be
    Beginner May 2011
    Mrs G to be ·
    • Hide content

Our RSVP date was 31st March and we are still waiting on 6 replies which is 14 people. I can't understand how you cant just say your either coming or your not. If you dont know then at least say why so we know, but to not say anything is very annoying! Especially when a couple are good friends! You kind of expect it from some grrrrr

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics