Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E

So stressed out about wedding venues ???

ExpensivePinkCakes172, 2 of February of 2015 at 15:12 Posted on Planning 0 10

Please can someone help me find a wedding venue I've been looking now for 6 months and still nothing ? I'm never going to find any where at all I'm in the westmidlands and I'm on a budget of around 4k I don't want a hotel ie village inn hidat in or nothing like that it just doesn't appeal to me at all.

10 replies

Latest activity by MRS RB, 4 of February of 2015 at 13:04
  • Ddpunk
    Beginner June 2018
    Ddpunk ·
    • Hide content

What kind of venue do you want? Is it just a reception venue you need or somewhere for the ceremony too?

how many guests do you have?

• TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content

There's loads of barns/country houses/village halls/pubs in the midlands...do you want somewhere you can have complete control and provide all your own suppliers including catering? Somewhere where it's all done for you? How many guests? Do you want rustic or glam or traditional or what? Is that budget just for the venue or for venue including food and ceremony? How far do you want to travel cus the midlands is a decent sized area Smiley smile More details!

• A
    Beginner March 2015
    Almost~Mrs~W ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married and having our reception at the crooked house in himley near dudley

its a beautiful old pub with a lovely new build on the back for weddings

its reasonably priced (we have paid just over 2500 for all day, 50 guests of the day with a 3 course meal and 80 guests of the evening with a hog roast plus welcome drinks, drink with meal and toast drinks)

the manager that runs it Wayne is amazing and helpful and made me feel so relaxed about my day

feel free to message me if I can help with anything

• A
    Beginner March 2015
    Almost~Mrs~W ·
    • Hide content

Http://www.thecrooked-house.co.uk/page6.htm

http://www.thecrooked-house.co.uk/index.htm

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Where in the West Midlands would you prefer?

• Vixy1987
    Beginner May 2016
    Vixy1987 ·
    • Hide content

I looked at loads of places in the West Midlands when I was looking. I actually ended up going for a village hall and it has turned into a very DIY wedding, but I don't mind that at all. Also has saved me lots of the budget!

There are loads of barns, depending on where you want. Curradine Barns is beautiful but more Worcestershire way, and then there are the big houses like Spring Grove House which is in the West Mids Safari park.Grafton Manor in Bromsgrove or the hundred House. All are lovely and not too far outside of your budget.

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Moonbeam88 ·
    • Hide content

My friend is getting married at http://www.manorialbarnwhiston.co.uk/

a bit north of you (Rotherham) but amazingly good value. Sure she's only paid about £600 to hire and the food is really reasonable too x

• FutureMrsMcCall
    Beginner October 2016
    FutureMrsMcCall ·
    • Hide content

Sometimes you have to get a bit creative about looking for venues, which I'm finding already! You could try searching for photographers in your area and then looking at their wedding albums to see where they've done weddings and what looks good. You might stumble across something lovely.

• E
    ExpensivePinkCakes172 ·
    • Hide content

Thank-you all for your help feeling a little more positive ? I want something rustic if possible I nlp my budget is small but I honestly had no clue it would be this hard at all I want a sit down meal with a evening buffet sit down meal is 59 adults and 24 children evening is for around 140 Were willing to go anywhere in the West Midlands thanks all so very much for your help much love Vicky.

Ps church is booked for the 30/07/2016.

• Ddpunk
    Beginner June 2018
    Ddpunk ·
    • Hide content

Hmm Avoncroft museum? Black county museum? Dudley zoo and castle?

Fazeley studios/old library @ custard factory?

Botanical gardens, birmingham uni?

• M
    Beginner December 2014
    MRS RB ·
    • Hide content

I have nothing useful to offer but I love The Black Country Museum!!!

I think you are best to look at pubs :-)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics