Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

rrr
Beginner July 2006

So tell me about fake/spray tans

rrr, 30 May, 2009 at 19:56 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 4

I'm am naturally very pale. In fact, you can see my veins through my lilly-white legs! I'm off to Lake Como, Italy in 4 weeks. I'd like to look at least healthy when I go. I don't really tan well. I burn very easily, and then might tan, otherwise it takes me ages of small does of sun to get any colour.

So I'm considering getting a spray tan or something similar. But will it look strange on someone so pale? Will it go funny if I start putting suntan lotion on top of it? Will is last for a week long holiday? Any help or advice would be much appreciated to a tanning virgin!

4 replies

Latest activity by sdaisy22, 31 May, 2009 at 11:26
  • H
    Beginner
    Holly Bags ·
    • Hide content

I'm also pale blue naturally, and recently had a St. Tropez spray tan and had 2 coats. I looked a bit like Donnatella Versace on cake for a day or so, but on the day of the wedding I had it done for, it looked great. Go for it.

• Mizz Pink
    Beginner May 2007
    Mizz Pink ·
    • Hide content

If you have a spray tan you can request a light one which the salon would probably recommend if your pale. It will be quite dark until you shower the next morning. I would have it the day before you go away.

• rrr
    Beginner July 2006
    rrr ·
    • Hide content

Thanks guys. How long do they usually last, and will they go funny with suntan lotion? Have found someone who does St Tropez ultimate airbrush for £20, so I could have a practice one and then one the day before, as was suggested.

• Melawen
    Beginner January 2007
    Melawen ·
    • Hide content

I had it done for my wedding - I'm not totally pale but I'm not exactly a bronze goddess. I had one done just over a fortnight before the wedding and another done two / three days before. My wedding day was blistering hot so I had to have cream on and it was fine.

(we then had ten days in Lake Garda so more cream).

Hope that helps - and enjoy Lake Como.

• sdaisy22
    Beginner October 2008
    sdaisy22 ·
    • Hide content

A spray tan will be fine with suntan lotion (you need to moisturise it lots anyway) but no good if you're planning on swimming at all as it will come off in patches. Perhaps something like that Dove moisturiser stuff will be better for you to build up a bit of colour, especially since you've still got 4 weeks to go. I love spray tans and often have them for special occassions (weddings etc.) but wouldn't have one for a holiday because you do have to maintain them quite carefully.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics