Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

sock gremlins

26 of October of 2014 at 08:25 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 13

Does anybody else have a gremlin that lives in the sock draw that whenever there's a matching pair removes one of them ?? Finding a matching pair of socks is so hard at times I wore odd ones every day last week - thank god it's winter and wearing boots. Think its a trip to primarni today.and whilst we're at it I'm sure he feasts on tights too as they some how manage to pick ladders up too!!

Does anybody else have anything they seem to buy a lot of but never have any of!?

13 replies

Latest activity by Knees, 12 of November of 2014 at 14:30
  • Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

Yep. It's all very confusing as l only buy black socks and have done for years. I am really not sure where the random brown socks breed

• Chucklevision
    Beginner July 2015
    Chucklevision ·
    • Hide content

Ooh I didn't realize there were sock gremlins... I always it was air pockets.

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

I thought we had them, particularly with H2B's socks, but mostly it's just socks getting tucked into the corner of the basket and me missing them when I scoop out a load of washing (his socks are mostly black and the basket is black too). All my socks are differently patterned or coloured, so I find it pretty easy to keep them matched up. Wearing odd socks out of the house would make me feel disconcerted all day.

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

I'm always wearing odd socks, and on the rare occasion I do have a pair on everyone notices!

• alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content

My gremlins eat pairs of socks as well as odd ones. I'm quite puzzled as to where a pair of walking socks have gone...

• kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content

We too have a pet gremlin. He seems to like living with us immensely judging by the number of new pairs of socks H2B has to keep buying.

When he lived with his ex, though, he didn't seem to have a sock gremlin. Clearly, she was not as friendly and accommodating as I am to said gremlins. I see it is as a positive in my favour. ?

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

I don't have this issue because I'm a weirdo and check that socks go into the machine as a matching pair and hang them on the airer to dry in their pairs too.

It really bugs me when Mr J9 does the washing and he just puts them all over the place. Funnily enough, that's when I end up with odd ones, until the rest of the washing is done!

• kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

But this is what I don't understand - H2B takes off his socks and balls them together so they go into the wash bin as a pair. They then get put into the machine as pairs. So how do they come out as singles? Or, if they get onto the line as a pair (yes, we too match them as we go), why do they not come into the house as such?!

It is most frustrating! He spends a fortune on socks. We used to (unfairly) blame my teenage son, but we know now that he isn't the culprit.

Sock gremlins really do exist! Either that or the crazy lady that lives across the courtyard from us as got a bit of a sock fetish going. I wouldn't put it past her.....

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

Haha ok that is weird!

• LittleMissPanda
    Beginner October 2015
    LittleMissPanda ·
    • Hide content

I definitely have a sock gremlin!
    It only seems to like my nice patterned socks as OH always seems to be able to pair his up ?

One of my old friends used to be convinced that the odd socks in her washing machine were having babies and creating more odd socks!

?

• lc93
    Beginner September 2016
    lc93 ·
    • Hide content

Yep we definitely have sock gremlins here too! Smiley sad

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

We have several sock gremlins scattered around the house. Rarely happens to mine, but I have a whole basket full of odd socks for H. It happens because he takes his socks off and just leaves them wherever he is and one inevitably ends up shoved under the settee or under the bed. When we move I'm sure I'll be able to make loads of pairs.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics