Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

miss_winter14
Beginner February 2014

soft background music for guest arrival?

miss_winter14, 3 of March of 2015 at 17:00 Posted on Planning 0 21

You know by now, i'm useless with music- if they're not shouting and screaming, i'm not really there.

well i need some soft background music to make a playlist for when guests are arriving to the surprise party. disco music for later, but something soft and innocuous for guest arrival so it's not stone silent.

suggestions please????

21 replies

Latest activity by HeavyMetalMaiden, 4 of March of 2015 at 09:52
  • H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content

Did i read correctly that you normally listen to screamy shouty music?

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

Yep Smiley winking lol

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

How about some celtic music? Lots of beautiful tunes and mostly soft and quiet.

Or something instrumental? Some classical perhaps?

• M
    Beginner March 2016
    MrsMtobe2016 ·
    • Hide content

Michael Buble all the way Smiley smile

• S
    Beginner July 2015
    S&K2015 ·
    • Hide content

Like the idea of celtic music Smiley smile

Something classical is always good, it sets a lovely atmosphere and is easy for everyone to relax and talk whilst its on rather than being distracted by it. If youre using a ipad/cd player then why not download a compilation album.

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

How about something like The Piano Guys - they do piano covers of popular songs. I had one of their tracks to talk down the aisle.

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

All excellent suggestions- thanks so much!

i'll spotify the lot and cobble something together Smiley smile

and i'll be having a nice shouty/screamy playlist whilst i'm setting up and taking down Smiley winking keeps me calm and focused Smiley winking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASkButmwOp8

hehehe- gotta love a bit of my husband playing while i work ^_^ eeee lol

thanks again all- very grateful!

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content

Cool, well as a fellow screamy shouty music fan here is what we will be doing...

as people will be arriving, we will be playing the softer side of heavy music, off the top of my head:

Good enough - evanecense

Not strong enough - apocalyptica

Planet caravan - pantera

Some slow flyleaf

Sorry... Gone brain dead, but im sure you see where i am going. Is that an option for you?

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

Ah you lady are a genius! i'm going to chuck some softer metal on the end of my playlist for setting up in case any guests arrive early! ^_^ thank you!

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah you are very welcome :-) \m/

• AKWedding
    Beginner August 2015
    AKWedding ·
    • Hide content

The Piano Guys, interesting, never heard of them before. Will check them out on Spotify.

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Can't really help on the soft side (also a shouty fan, saw royal Blood last night!) but was recommended a band called the war on drugs earlier, was told they're like chill out metal. Haven't had a chance to listen yet. Will also have a nose at your hubby playing!

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content

Hmmm i may have to check out war on drugs too MrsShep! How were royal blood? I must say i do like them too :-)

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

You can also find mr winter here:

• M
    Beginner September 2015
    Milly_Bride ·
    • Hide content

Vitamin string quartet do covers of alternative music which might suit? I think that's what we'll go for, we are both of the screamy shouty, rock or inappropriate comedy rock music style...

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

They were great! Think it was the cheapest gig I've ever been to but they were so good. Never seen a duo before either (last gig was slipknot, just a couple more people!) but it didn't feel wrong.

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

You're a slipknot girl? i knew i liked you for a reason Smiley winking hehe

i finished my wedding day in my wedding dress and slipknot hoodie! lol ^_^ and last dance of the night was duality ^_^

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Ha! Amazing. I know HMM is a slipknot girl too, she saw them a couple of days after me!

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

Yet more reasons why i'll never leave this forum Smiley winking i love you ladies! ^_^

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Ooh, miss winter I love hubby's band! Shame he had to leave them. Will be sending that along to my hubby now for a listen!

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

It is a shame in some ways, but in others i must admit to being quite glad. i couldn't do my degree if he was off on the euro tour- life was hard enough during the uk tour! lol

a few of the guys have left now, the drummer who's our daughters god father, mr winter, and the dreaded singer, but the guys who replaced them are equally awesome and they're going from strength to strength.

we're still really good friends with them all- old and current members. they were nicknamed 'the naughty table' at our wedding lol

but latitudes will forever be my favourite song of theirs, partly because of mr winter being in the band at the time, and partly because it's just awesome ^_^ lol

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content

Damn straight im a slipknot girl!! i also must check out mr. Winters band :-) my h2b was in a band, unfortunately it turned sour - the bassist was a bit if a pr!ck, wouldnt let them play their songs after he left (he did write some of each song so fair enough), so they basically put the whole band to bed. They only got to release one album, but that was something my OH could tick off his bucketlist!!

Anyone got anymore good gigs lined up this year?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics