Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

clair_de_lune
Beginner

'Solution Lingerie' (or, suck-it-all-in knickers)

clair_de_lune, 9 of May of 2009 at 17:31 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 9

Which are the best for sucking up your tummy? Bum and thighs ok (comparatively), just the waist & hips area that's the problem.

Would something like this just roll up at the top and bottom? https://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10001_18459_203065_-1
Or this? https://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10001_18459_604487_-1

Are Trinny and Susannahs stuff any good or have I got to go the whole hog and hook myself in and out of a full-on Spanx? Just looking on the Debenhams website and wondering just how much money I've got to spend not to have to worry about my underwear on the day (at a wedding as a guest).

I can't believe it's come to this. I used to be a size sodding 8, now I'm knocking on 16 ? But that's a whole new thread.

9 replies

Latest activity by Zoay, 10 of May of 2009 at 20:54
  • Mrs Winkle
    Beginner May 2007
    Mrs Winkle ·
    • Hide content

When I was a little larger, I had some from M&S which were very good. I think they were firm control. ?

• hazel
    VIP July 2007
    hazel ·
    • Hide content

Spanx are really good, though I don't think you need to spend the whole £70. The Power Panties (!) are only £25 or so and are excellent. I find that they don't roll down, but cheaper versions do. That said, John Lewis high waisted pants are quite good.

• A
    Beginner August 2007
    alison76 ·
    • Hide content

I love Miraclesuit shapewear - Gok was recommending them on the last series of How to look good naked.

I bought from figleaves and got the whole shebang garment - thighs, bum, tum - comes right up to under my bra. Very comfy, easy to get in and out of.

http://www.figleaves.com/uk/nsf/qwiseranswered.asp?searchhandle=A%253dshapewear%257eB%253dshapewear%257eD%253d12%257eG%253d4060%255e2%257eK%253d4%257eL%253d1%257eM%253d12%257eN%253d2%257e&answerhandle=3325&answerhandleback=4088&originalquery=&answer=1&answer=3325&answer=1&answer=1&answer=1

• Consuela Banana Hammock
    Consuela Banana Hammock ·
    • Hide content

I bought a pair of control pants with a g-string from the Trinny and Susannah range and binned them - they were absolutely ... excuse pun ... pants!!

I'm a Spanx girl now - wouldn't be without my power panties and will probably be investing in some nude coloured ones as well as the black ones I've got to see me through the summer months. In my opinion, nothing is as good but it all depends on what size you are and what you need to control I guess! ?

• clair_de_lune
    Beginner
    clair_de_lune ·
    • Hide content

Ok, I think I'll take the plunge and go for big knickers in a good name. Will give T&S a miss though, they're quite pricy in comparison to some of the others.

Thanks all. x

eta I got these: https://www.figleaves.com/uk/ after reading the reviews. Thanks for reminding me about figleaves.com Alison76- the reviews on there were really useful and I found a voucher for 10% off + free delivery on t'interweb. Bargain. Now to find the outfit to go over the top. I don't think that's going to be as easy somehow. <weep>

• Little.Miss-Scatterbrain
    Beginner September 2009
    Little.Miss-Scatterbrain ·
    • Hide content

After spending £35 on a body suit in marks that had little effect, the best ones i have found were in matalan, no joke, i bought them a couple of weeks ago as an impulse buy and they are fab, hight waisted and dont roll down, at only £6 they're a complete bargain too!

x

• Melancholie
    Beginner December 2014
    Melancholie ·
    • Hide content

I just bought these from John Lewis; they've had a lot of good press recently. Hoping they live up to the hype!

• clair_de_lune
    Beginner
    clair_de_lune ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We're such sexy beasts aren't we. ?

• memyselfandi
    Beginner November 2007
    memyselfandi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah yes, P&P had some interesting things to say about the science behind these, unfortunately I don't know how to search

• Zoay
    Beginner September 2013
    Zoay ·
    • Hide content

Waaaaaaaaaaah now next time I see you I'm going to have to play "Is she? Or isn't she?" ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics