Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

SoontobeMrsB
Beginner October 2011

Some stupid questions

SoontobeMrsB, 8 May, 2011 at 11:43 Posted on Planning 0 3

Ok, so the answers to these may be pretty obvious but they've got me thinking.

1. Is it acceptable to hand out invitations rather than post them. It seems silly for OH to post invitations to his work colleagues when he sees them every day.

2. How do you "bump up" an evening guest? If, after having RSVPs back, we've got space for some evening people to attend the day, how do we let them know? Would it be best to wait to send evening invitations out for a while and then they need never know? The problem with this is that our friends talk! If evening guests don't receive an invitation for a while after the day guests, they'll think they aren't being invited at all. If we're in this situation would it just be best to be honest & explain to them?

3. Morning suit - OH's morning coat and trousers are the same colour. Most of the others I've seen though have a different colour trousers. Am I being stupid here? What is the norm?

I'm sure I will have more to add to this list before long ?

3 replies

Latest activity by SoontobeMrsB, 8 May, 2011 at 12:34
  • *libby*
    Beginner June 2011
    *libby* ·
    • Hide content

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

1. Yes, it's perfectly acceptable.

2. Not sure... May just be best to be honest is my initial reaction.

3. Our suits are all in the same colour too. My dad started moaning about "oh, I thought wedding trousers are supposed to have pinstripes" (what does he know, he's been to about 3 English weddings in his life!!) but I pointed out how lanky my H2B is and how pinstripes would make him look godawful and he shut up!

• Mrs_T2B
    Beginner May 2011
    Mrs_T2B ·
    • Hide content

1. Yes, that's fine. We handed most of our invitations out. Most people thought it was lovely that we had personally hand delivered them as opposed to posting.

2. We simply just asked them if they would like to come all day as opposed to just as night. We were just honest about it. I think people understand that numbers are limited and genuinely most are honoured to have even been invited in the first place.

3. Our groomsmen morning coat matches the trousers.

Remember though it's all personaly preference so do what feels natural/right for you & your H2B.

• SoontobeMrsB
    Beginner October 2011
    SoontobeMrsB ·
    • Hide content

Brill, thanks peeps. Good to know we're on track in the right way.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics