Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Curious September 2021 West Midlands

Someone enlighten me!!

Luxuriousgoldhair63616, 29 of June of 2021 at 18:57 Posted on Planning 0 8
How does it make sense to allow 40k people into a football stadium, hugging each other and shouting/chanting, with no masks. Yet for weddings we have to have restricted numbers more than likely less than a 100, have to wear masks, got to social distance no hugging allowed, no music or dancing allowed??? What am I missing here?? My god has this pandemic made my wedding planning miserable but this just takes the biscuit!

8 replies

Latest activity by Aimeé, 5 of July of 2021 at 09:30
  • Emma
    Rockstar August 2021 Wiltshire
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    I said exactly this when watching tonight!! I know they had to have a negative test to get in but why can’t we do that for our weddings??? I know all my guests would be happy to take a test before coming into the venue.

I should of got married at a football match, bit of half time entertainment 🤪
  • April21Bride
    Rockstar July 2021 West London
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    I feel the exact same way- my wedding day is the weekend of the euro and Wimbledon finals . I am keeping everything crossed that if England get through to the quarterfinals some changes to the wedding restrictions might happen .
    It’s just amazing that covid knows only to spread if you dance, stand with a drink or hug at a wedding but not at the football 🤦🏾‍♀️
  • Marcie
    Rockstar August 2021 Bristol
    Marcie ·
    • Hide content
    Been saying exactly the same.
  • Sarah
    Curious April 2022 Hampshire
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content

The wedding industry has been treated awfully by the government really...

• Jazzystars86
    Beginner June 2021 West Sussex
    Jazzystars86 ·
    • Hide content
    The sector has been ignored and forgotten for sure and the hypocrisy of certain measures is ridiculous However (for England anyway) - dancing is advised against, it isn't illegal. Dance floors must remain closed (a legal requirement) but other than that it is personal choice. You can have music/DJ/band indoors and out. And as for hugging - we got people to do a lateral flow test and there were lots of hugs all round. Our wedding was restricted in terms of numbers (there was only 30 of us), but it certainly wasn't restricted in love and joy on the day - if that helps anyone in their planning.x
  • Aimeé
    Beginner July 2021 Worcestershire
    Aimeé ·
    • Hide content

These events at Euros/Wimbledon/Ascot are all piloting events and every person has been tested beforehand, so they haven't just walked off the streets (or so to speak) like guests would at our wedding days.

I understand its annoying to watch. It would be helpful if they allowed weddings to do the same with testing.

• April21Bride
    Rockstar July 2021 West London
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    As a bride getting married the weekend of the football and tennis finals the issue I have is that we weren’t given the option to test our guests before hand. Nobody walks “off the street for a wedding” guests are invited.
  • Aimeé
    Beginner July 2021 Worcestershire
    Aimeé ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I understand. And i did say (so to speak) in my phrase walking off the street. As a bride planning a wedding myself I'm fully aware people are invited, it was a figure of speech not to be taken quite so literally. Smiley laugh

The government have to check these ideas would work, you'd think it would have made sense to start smaller with events such as weddings/nightclubs etc.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics