Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsMeldrew
Beginner October 2012

Someone has shaved my cat's undercarriage!

MrsMeldrew, 4 January, 2013 at 11:42 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 44

He's a black cat with a white what we call muff cos it's a triangular bit that looks like well, a muff. I noticed last night when he rolled over that some c*nt has shaved it! It looks like he's been prepped for an op! I mean who the very f*ck does that?!! My poor little boy. I don't know whether to laugh or seek the b*stard out!

44 replies

Latest activity by *Mini*, 6 January, 2013 at 18:12
  • Becklarrr
    Beginner
    Becklarrr ·
    • Hide content

How awful! The thought that someone has pinned down your cat to actually do that makes me feel sick!

I'd keep him indoors for a few days! And hunt the b*stard out!

• MrsMeldrew
    Beginner October 2012
    MrsMeldrew ·
    • Hide content

That's what I hate the idea of because really they could have done anything to him. Poor Edward

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Oh my god!!! Gempf that's awful!

I'd be f'ing livid.

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

What the actual?!!? someones pinned your cat down and done this!??!? id be fuming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

Why would someone do that?! There are some horrible and weird people out there.

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

Eh?! What a totally, totally bizarre thing to do even to your own cat... but to some random cat?!

Is he okay... I mean acting fine in himself, doesn't seem like anyone's scared him or anything?

• MrsMeldrew
    Beginner October 2012
    MrsMeldrew ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yep absolutely fine, I probably would never have noticed had he noy been rolling around. At first I thought he had been fighting but it's much to even with no bald patches and its fuzzy.

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

? WTVF?!

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

Why the hell would anyone do that???

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

My h's cat was once the victim of a phantom spayer! ?

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

Whaaat?! That is so weird. Though you should win the award for best thread title!

• BertB
    Beginner July 2013
    BertB ·
    • Hide content

How odd, poor thing. Some people are just not right. Glad his ok though.

• Zoomo13
    Beginner August 2015
    Zoomo13 ·
    • Hide content

That is awful. i think i would be inclined to print off some posters and warn your neighbours especially if they have cats. maybe that way someone may see someone taking cats away with them

• FaeBelle13
    Beginner April 2013
    FaeBelle13 ·
    • Hide content

Whhyyyyy would someone do that??? Poor kitty

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Some spayed your husband's cat?!!! My god! But they'd have had to pay and everything, surely?!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

I would actually do some damage to anyone who hurt one if my babies.

• MrsMeldrew
    Beginner October 2012
    MrsMeldrew ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This happened to a friend of a friends cat poor little thing had no balls when it finally came home!

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

That's so weird, IIRC it is quite dear to have cats spayed, why would anyone do that? Or is there some vigilant vet going around operating on random animals?

I hope your kitty is OK. I would be livid if anyone did that to my little uns.

• Tiny-Tiggs
    Beginner April 2012
    Tiny-Tiggs ·
    • Hide content

?

This is shocking!! Your poor cat ☹️

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

Just another reason why I keep my cats indoors... I've lost too many to the roads and just don't trust anyone. They are so happy and I never have to worry where they are Smiley smile I've got a little patio garden at my house that I supervise them in, and if I go to my mums they go on a long lead and harness in her garden as its large and grassy with lots to climb on.

• *PinkBerry*
    Beginner September 2013
    *PinkBerry* ·
    • Hide content

This is awful. This is why we wont let our youngest cat out, he is about a year old but I am so attached I am terrified anything will happen - when I was younger we had a cat beautiful thing, he went out one night and come back and some thug had spray painted him Smiley sad took him weeks to get over it.

Some people are sick.

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

That is just plain weird. Who would even think of doing this to a random cat????

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

That's awful!

I had an old woman who lived accross the road when I lived with my parents who used to keep my cat. I say keep, I mean steal. He would go missing for a couple of days, then he'd turn up again. My poor cat would also often come back & be sick. He'd chuck up whole roast dinners & huge chunks of chicken which we later discovered this old bat over the road was feeding him except his stomach couldn't handle + the chicken was huge chunks he couldn't chew properly & digest.

We eventually worked out it was her through a fairly long & boring story. I know you should respect older generations and all that, and I usually would but I let rip! Told the old bat to get her own cat & not steal mine by locking him in her house & to stop poisioning him. In the end we made the decision to make him a house cat as the woman went mental back at me and started accusing my mum of getting rid of her dog except actually the dog had been put down due to illness and that's why she hadn't seen my mum walking the dogggie ( talk about stalker/nosey neighbours) and it upset my mum to thinkof him being made sick by her.

Anyway, moral of the story is that if you are worried then try & do some investigating in to who did it so you can put an end to it as that it just plain strange. My poor cat was an old man & we sadly don't have him any more but if someone touched any pet of mine in a way anything but nicely (in the words & voice of liam neeson) I will find you and I will kill you!!

• DaffyB
    Beginner June 2012
    DaffyB ·
    • Hide content

Are you sure it is shaved. Sometimes cats overgroom and this can look like tha area has been shaved, it's usually in this kind of area that it happens. Sometimes they do it if they are stressed about something or sometimes if there is some irritation such as fleas. It does seem an odd thing for someone to shave a cat.

It is a relatively common thing for people to bring in a cat to be neutered saying that it is a stray and has been hanging around their house for ages. Then when it is checked it has an microchip and the registered owner says it hasn't been missing. If this happens and the cat doesn't have a microchip we can't tell it's not a stray cat and would have to take the word of the person who brings it in that it has been around for more than a week and they have tried to find an owner.

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yep!

His folks had gone on holiday and told (student) H to keep an eye out for the cat and to make sure the feeder was topped up. The disappeared for a few days and came back looking a bit off colour. H didn't think too much of it but remembers his folks mentioning the cat was still quiet when they got back. He was off his food and they were a little worried. They took him to the vet who said it was perfectly reasonable behaviour following his recent operation. "What operation?" said the bemused inlaws. "When he was spayed, of course..." said the vet.

To this day they have no idea who did it!

• Pittabre
    Pittabre ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know of a woman through a friend that goes around collecting cats without collars and takes them to be neutered and then re-releases them. I did wonder whether it was somoene doing that.

BUT I do also know my Ex MILs cat would randomly over grown an area, strip the fur right back and then it would re-grow again. He did it because of stress and livign with her I can udner stand...

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

Crikey this is one random thread!

How what would possess someone to take an animal that isn't theirs and shave it or have it operated on?!

The mind boggles.

• Pittabre
    Pittabre ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Because some people feel extremely passionately about stray cats breeding and producing more and more feral cats. If a cat isn't neutered it can a horrorificly large number of offspring that then go on to breed etc etc So I understand the sentiment behind takign random cats and getting them neutered.

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

Yeah I get it if it is clearly a stray- but an (assumingly) clean, well fed and collared / chipped cat isn't a stray IMO.

• Pittabre
    Pittabre ·
    • Hide content

If a cat hasn't got a collar on how do you know whether it ahs an owner or not? The way my Dad has 'acquired' all os his cats has been through his now deceased MIL. She would have random cats come in her garden and would feed them and they would eventually move in and then it would become too much for her and then they moved in with my Dad. Cats are terribly unloyal to their owners/slaves when they find someone else they prefer. I have had cats turn up on my doorstep before to try and move in but had known they belonged to other people. My cats seem to have a habit of inviting others in.

I agree it is strange but entirely understand spayign random cats. I love cats and hate the thought of them overbreeding to the point where they are considered to be vermin as they are in other countries.

• Pittabre
    Pittabre ·
    • Hide content

You see I would go mental as well! Mine are micro-chipped and spayed but the buggers don't keep collars on - although offically mine are housecats but since soem Siamese have moved in down the road and keep shoutign at mine through the windows mine keep sneaking out☹️

This woman that my friend knows takes two or three cats a week to the vets to be done. She ctaches them with special cages and all sorts. I can imagine mine would be easily caught. She operates in the villages round the outside of my town - although we officially live in a village on the outskirts it has been consumed by the town and I fear she end up round here catching cats. I am really torn over it - yes makes sense but not really comfortable. At least with dogs if you see one out on its own you know it needs to be caught and returned to its owner or its a stray. With cats you have no idea!

• Pittabre
    Pittabre ·
    • Hide content

I think she has her own cat charity and everything set up to help her fund it OR she works for one of the cat charities.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics