Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsMeldrew
Beginner October 2012

Someone has shaved my cat's undercarriage!

MrsMeldrew, 4 January, 2013 at 11:42

Posted on Off Topic Posts 44

He's a black cat with a white what we call muff cos it's a triangular bit that looks like well, a muff. I noticed last night when he rolled over that some c*nt has shaved it! It looks like he's been prepped for an op! I mean who the very f*ck does that?!! My poor little boy. I don't know whether to...

He's a black cat with a white what we call muff cos it's a triangular bit that looks like well, a muff. I noticed last night when he rolled over that some c*nt has shaved it! It looks like he's been prepped for an op! I mean who the very f*ck does that?!! My poor little boy. I don't know whether to laugh or seek the b*stard out!

44 replies

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Thing is, you wouldn't be able to tell if a female had been spayed or not until she took them to the vet surely? So does she catch all the cats she can find, take them in only to be told that they are already spayed?

• Pittabre
    Pittabre ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I don't know. How does a vet check? Or would they know by feeling or by surgery? No idea! Hadn't really thought about how she did other than the questions I asked friend - which was along the libes of how and where and why!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

MrMini and I discussed this last night! Would a vet open up a cat just to see if it was spayed?

• DaffyB
    Beginner June 2012
    DaffyB ·
    • Hide content

There are only 2 ways to know, a blood test which is quite expensive or to open them up and see if there is a uterus to remove or not. I used to do some work for one of the charities and all the cats they rehomed had to be neutered. So if there was no history for the cat we had to operate to check and spay them if they weren't already, the operation was actually cheaper than the blood test and the charity wouldn't pay for the blood test. Although we did shave them first to see if there were any scars that looked like a spay wound. This meant shaving both sides and underneath as different vets operate in different ways. Sometimes we would find a scar which looked convincing so wouldn't have to operate but sometimes we opened them up to find there was nothing to take out.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for answering that one!

poor pusscats ☹️ my girlies were so groggy when they came home from being spayed. Having now had a general anaesthetic I can see why.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics