Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

BadgerBeetle
Beginner November 2012

Something borrowed

BadgerBeetle, 13 of May of 2012 at 20:49 Posted on Planning 0 19

Just wondering what you're all having as your 'something borrowed'?

I'll be borrowing something from my sister, and she's suggested a bracelet - but we have very different tastes in jewelry and the bracelet she's trying to push on me really doesn't go with my dress. Anyone got any more unusual suggestions than jewelry?/ xx

19 replies

Latest activity by BadgerBeetle, 14 of May of 2012 at 23:44
  • cford09
    Beginner March 2013
    cford09 ·
    • Hide content

I'll be keeping my beady eye on this this thread! I have no idea what to 'borrow'!

Old - sixpence, new - dress, borrowed - ?, blue - I Do shoe stickers and garter.

I was going to ask FMIL if I could borrow her diamond earrings, because I liked them and I wanted to involve her. But I've had second thoughts, as she's been a real cow lately (even OH has said so!) and she wears them every day so they aren't 'special' really.

I'd love to borrow something from my mum but she doesn't really do jewellery (that I like!) and I have no idea what else I could utilise on my wedding day!

Sorry for being useless!

• BadgerBeetle
    Beginner November 2012
    BadgerBeetle ·
    • Hide content

Haha it's ok, you're not useless it's nice to see someone as confused as me with regards to all this stuff!

I was going to borrow a sixpence from OH's grandma, but she was horrified when I asked because 'up north you walk on gold', so apparently she's going to find me a gold coin to put in my shoe that she doesn't expect back.

My something new is my dress, something blue, flowers, something old I was going to ask my nanna for (maybe a brooch or a pin or something), and something borrowed... goodness only knows. I don't really 'do' jewelry anyway so didn't particularly want to have a bracelet on anyway Smiley sad

• **Shelley**
    Beginner October 2012
    **Shelley** ·
    • Hide content

Good thread!!! I was only thinking about this the other day and I have no idea what I might borrow and indeed off of who!

Old: Brooches in my brooch bouquet

New: My dress, hair slide, veil, shoes, underwear, jewellery

Borrowed:

Blue: I have a blue brooch in my bouquet and also hoping to have blue in a garter.

I guess I could borrow a garter from a friend?! Worth a try although I have chunky legs...!

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    Nicalf08 ·
    • Hide content

I'm borrowing my future sister in law's veil - really hoping the ivory matches my dress else I'll have to rush back to the shop and pay a fortune for a new one ?

I think it can be anything really, what about a friend with some nice make up you could add? Even if a professional is doing your make up you could always borrow some lipgloss for later or a bit of sparkle stuff...?

I'm struggling with my something old as my mum doesn't have any jewellery that will go with my outfit as she only wears gold and I prefer silver. The only thing I can think of is to wear a silver bangle that I've had since I was five...23 years is old enough right?? Otherwise I will have to see if my dad has a medal or one of my grandad's army medals that I can tie to my bouquet somehow ?

• xtlcx
    Beginner May 2012
    xtlcx ·
    • Hide content

I had

Something Old and Borrowed - Veil (was my sisters when she got married)

Something New - Shoes, jewellery

Something Blue - I do stickers on shoe, blue bow on my stockings, and a blue diamante on my garter and wedding knickers

• BadgerBeetle
    Beginner November 2012
    BadgerBeetle ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all the suggestions - I could always borrow my sisters perfume I suppose.... I was going to be borrowing her white gloves that went with her wedding dress, but they don't suit the style of mine and it would be too much to have them on too.

This is much harder than it probably should be!

• whenskiesaregrey
    Beginner July 2012
    whenskiesaregrey ·
    • Hide content

I'm struggling with my something borrowed, perfume is a good idea, hadn't thought of that. Could you wrap your sister's bracelet around the ribbon on your bouquet?

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

I am borrowing my gran's, great gran's and mum's wedding rings and having them attached to my bouquet.

• moonpie1985
    Beginner July 2012
    moonpie1985 ·
    • Hide content

One of my mums friends lent me her crown which she wore for her wedding a few years ago.

Its really lovely, and I wouldnt have bought one otherwise.

Its by Halo & Co

• BadgerBeetle
    Beginner November 2012
    BadgerBeetle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sadly no Smiley sad She wears very chunky jewelry and it just wouldn't look right, and what she's offering me is a big chain-link style bracelet. Very pretty, but not weddingy... Smiley sad

• S
    SarahThompson ·
    • Hide content

I "borrowed" my mums headdress from when she got married. It also counted as my something old lol

• aecy
    Beginner October 2011
    aecy ·
    • Hide content

My mum laced a sapphire ring onto my corset - it was old, borrowed & blue

• BadgerBeetle
    Beginner November 2012
    BadgerBeetle ·
    • Hide content

See, I was wondering if there was anything I could stuff into my corset for the day lol!

• Seaweed
    Beginner July 2012
    Seaweed ·
    • Hide content

I am having my sister in law's to be pearl earings that she used on her wedding day. Want planning to have pearls but was really nice of her to give them to me plus pearls are traditional for the bride. Something old is a pearl necklace that belongs to my mother in law to be, somehting blue is my garter and something new is pretty much everything. You could borrow a garter, or a tiara, or a veil or maybe white gloves if you are planning to make it more princessy and have gloves. I have a friend who is getting married 3 weeks after me and her mum has sewn something on her knickers lol its like a jewel sort of thing that belongs to her dad and her mum has sewn it on her bridal undies!

• D
    Beginner May 2012
    dlees81 ·
    • Hide content

My old is my secondhand WR, my borrowed is my best friend's veil, amazingly it is exactly the right shade of dark ivory, maybe a bit too sparkly, but I was desperate to involve her without the pressure of being a BM. My dress and shoes are my new, and I got a cheap blue garter from Tesco!

• Seaweed
    Beginner July 2012
    Seaweed ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You can borrow my spare pearl necklace after my wedding! Or my garter lol lol lol I was actually quite lucky with this subject, I didnt ask for anything, people came to me and started offering me things to borrow hahahaha I got confused....in the end I chose my sister in law's to be pearl earings that she wore at her wedding as something borrowed and my future mother in law's pearl necklace as something old!

• Seaweed
    Beginner July 2012
    Seaweed ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Garters come in one size hun! Not to worry! xxx

• Seaweed
    Beginner July 2012
    Seaweed ·
    • Hide content

TO XTLCX, OR MRS S,

CONGRATULATIONS DEAR! ALL BEST TO YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND! XXX

• BadgerBeetle
    Beginner November 2012
    BadgerBeetle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You can have them made to measure. Which is good. Because what would fit a size 10 thigh certainly wouldnt fit mine...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics