Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner October 2023 East Sussex

Something old, new, borrowed and blue tradition.

RACHEL, 5 of June of 2023 at 19:40 Posted on Wedding Attire 2 8

Hi,

Any ideas for something borrowed and something old for my wedding day? My HTB is providing the something new and blue apparently!

8 replies

Latest activity by Jennifer, 27 of August of 2023 at 17:49
  • R
    RACHEL ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Melissa but I have already asked and nobody has anything that I like. The jewellery will be coming from my hubby to be as the new and blue.

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Can you borrow a small family heirloom (e.g. grandmother's wedding ring or great aunt's brooch) to tie into your bouquet? That would tick the 'borrowed' and 'old' box, and if it's attached to your bouquet, it's not really going to be visible, except in photos designed to feature it.

Alternatively, if you are having a church wedding, you could see if any relatives have a small prayer book or testament you could carry for the ceremony.

• R
    RACHEL ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

An aunt's brooch sounds like a good idea thankyou.

• Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

For something old, how about a piece of jewellery? Not sure about borrowed. I haven't thought of one yet.

• D
    Curious August 2023 North West London
    Dee ·
    • Hide content
    If someone has a garter you could borrow that? Maybe someone who had it at their own wedding?
  • Georgia
    Curious February 2024 West Midlands
    Georgia ·
    • Hide content
    Something old - do you have a blanket or teddy or something from your childhood you could use some material from and put it in your bouquet or underskirt?
    Something new - always good to have a pressie! It could be to yourself, even!
    Something borrowed - jewellery is good but if you’re going minimalist, it could be a lipstick shade or nail varnish, you could borrow some shoes. I’m borrowing my grandma’s train and stitching it into my underskirt. Something blue - blue ribbon in your bouquet or skirt, blue soles of your shoes, blue toenails, if you’ve got blue eyes you could put some blue mascara on the tips of your lashes, you could have a blue themed breakfast before you go to your ceremony. I hope some of these ideas are helpful!
  • R
    RACHEL ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Some great ideas Georgia thankyou. I think I will borrow a blue nail varnish for my toenails most definitely.

• R
    RACHEL ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My hubby to be is buying me some jewellery as something new and I am not one to wear a lot of jewellery so apart from that and my new wedding ring that will be it on the jewellery front.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics