Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner December 2011

something special for hen do!

tallgal, 15 March, 2011 at 20:01 Posted on Planning 0 12

Can anyone help me think up something special for the bride to be on the actual hen do? I'm stumped!! Hope my bridesmaids don't get as stressed as me!!

12 replies

Latest activity by ATB, 16 March, 2011 at 15:02
  • Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

Special to do, special to wear, or a special gift to receive?

• T
    Beginner December 2011
    tallgal ·
    • Hide content

Special to receive!

Like a surprise or something.....

• Mrs_T2B
    Beginner May 2011
    Mrs_T2B ·
    • Hide content

A garter to wear on her big day? A framed photo of a picture from the Hen Night?

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

Hmmm...

My Maid of Honour is my oldest friend so I'd be really chuffed to receive some kind of photo book/memory book from her with pictures and stuff from when we were smaller all the way to the present day with a nice note about our friendship or something.

Or a surprise experience... obviously dependent on budget but being told "by the way, have booked a posh hotel room for the night with chocolate and DVDs" would be pretty cool! Or a voucher for a manicure before the big day maybe?

Will have a think!

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Fab idea about a memory book FutureMrsJ

How about you expand this by asking all the hens attending to make a page to go in the book, with photos of them and the bride, story about how they know each other and special memory etc? Could be built into a lovely keepsake and could be easy for you to put together if you said to each hen the page had to be A4 etc and you could then just slip them into one of those document holder book with the clear pockets?

Or how about asking each hen to provide a small gift/keepsake for the bride, and you put them together in a giftbox for her? Could be turned into a hen night game - if she opens them and has to guess who gave her what!?

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooooh that's a LOVELY idea, I have (sadly) never been a bridesmaid but if I am ever lucky enough to be a Matron of Honour I'm definitely remembering that!

Now, how to hint to my Maid of Honour... Smiley winking

• T
    Beginner December 2011
    tallgal ·
    • Hide content

Am doing the memory book thing!! Smiley smile

This is for the actual day of the hen do though. I like the idea of the garter or maybe t-shirt or something.......

• Mistral
    Beginner
    Mistral ·
    • Hide content

When I was a bridesmaid, we did the photo book thing. I contacted her friends and family and asked them to send a picture of them with the future Bride and put it in an album. She loved it... it even made her cry!

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

We've just done a "This is your life" type book for my sister and she loved it (well, I say we, I mean my more creative co-BM!).

We asked all of her hens to pick an age from 0-25 and find a photo and write a message. Mum and I had to fill in a lot of the younger years as there weren't enough people who knew her as a kid.

She absolutely loved it!

• Mrs P 2 B
    Beginner January 2012
    Mrs P 2 B ·
    • Hide content

Hi I also did the memory book.. i got everyone who was invited to the hen do to write her a letter, memories, good wish, poems what ever and the photos and put it all toghter though a really good website myphotobox and was able to type in everyone letter ect. it was amazing and she displays it on the coffee table still.

Word of warning.. they can be stresful to get all info from others so give yourself plenty of time.

Other things we have done are diamatie pant.. amazing.. tranfrers from ebay with Mrs ... and then ironed onto pant (i will be gutted if i don't get a pair).. made silly braclets wih hen ect on..Pass the parcel.. wife suvial guide. gifts and advise.. etc.

• maryg111
    Beginner May 2011
    maryg111 ·
    • Hide content

I just had my hen do and what really made it was the memory book - each of the girls on my hen night had sent my sister a photo of me and them and written a message which my sister typed up and put in there - it is an amazing keepsake, the only problem is i can't get past the first page without crying!! and my step daughter to be (she's 11) had written a note in there and i think nearly every single person shed a tear - ha ha!! that really made it for me - everyone had gone to the effort to write something lovely and it really meant a lot - and i can keep it forever!!

Just worried that i was that emotional at the hen - what on earth will i be like at the wedding!!

they also did mr and mrs cards which my friend had made, my sister had asked my H2B a load of questions and i had to guess his answer - was very very funny and i've got them as a keepsake too!

I also loved 'the next mrs andre' t-shirt theyt bought me!! ha ha!

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

I'm definately going to do a memory book if I am asked to be a bridesmaid again! I have a friend who is next in line (!!!) to be wed and I've known her all my life so could be a great idea for photos of us young together!

My list of other things I made / did for hen nights is long - the most popular being goodie bags for all the hens. Went down a total storm!!! Don't want to hijack the post with talk of other things though!

x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics