Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

k.j.w
Beginner June 2017

Song for first dance

k.j.w, 18 of June of 2014 at 19:18

Posted on Planning 42

Me and my H2B were at a wedding reception at the weekend, and part way through the first dance couples were invited onto the dance floor. Whilst we were dancing together we were discussing what song we would have and so I was wondering what you all picked? And why?

Me and my H2B were at a wedding reception at the weekend, and part way through the first dance couples were invited onto the dance floor. Whilst we were dancing together we were discussing what song we would have and so I was wondering what you all picked? And why? Smiley smile

42 replies

• M
    Beginner July 2015
    MrsB2015 ·
    • Hide content

We're having 'I can't help falling in love with you' by ub40. When we 1st announced our engagement everyone said wow that's quick so the line "wise men say only fools rush in, but I can't help falling in love with you" really suits us. Plus we wanted so thing a little but more upbeat xx

• B
    Beginner August 2014
    bettybubble ·
    • Hide content

BF and my current silly game is thinking up inappropriate first dance songs. Not inappropriate because they are about break ups, just songs that are completely bizarre in a wedding context. Like You're So Vain, or Roxanne, or Ice Ice Baby. Or Sabotage...

they will all be on the wedding playlist at some point though!

sillyness aside, we are thinking of having Papa was a Rodeo by the Magnetic Fields. It starts out very inappropriate but ends up being very sweet. We are having Magnetic Fields songs either as music or readings in the ceremony as well. We will be in floods of tears!

• Hmcx
    Beginner July 2014
    Hmcx ·
    • Hide content

I'm walking down the aisle to the boyzone version(well that or every day I love you)

our first dance song is a whole new world. We know it's cheesy and tacky. But when we were first together we used to have nights in drinking wine and playing singstar and that was One of the songs we'd sing together! We used to have singstar parties! It'd come out at all occasions!!

• BAMS
    Beginner November 2014
    BAMS ·
    • Hide content

Hooray bekkijane - first dance twins!! We're also having 'Better' by Tom Baxter - love it!!

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content

We are currently contemplating 'Feeling Good' (The Muse version), but who knows, that could change! We love so much music that we find it hard to decide!!

We absolutely love Rumours by Fleetwood Mac, but it's about troubled relationships, rather than true love and happy marriage, so I'm not sure that is very fitting for a first dance haha!

• mustard_mitt
    Beginner September 2015
    mustard_mitt ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Great choice! ?

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

BAMS woo hoo! No-one else has normally ever heard of it ???

• L
    Beginner September 2014
    LucyLastic ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love this, but I would go for the Jose Feliciano version.

We are having For Lovers by Wolfman ft Pete Doherty. My OH chose the song & luckily I am also a fan, this is one of the few elements where he has had a really strong opinion! So I will let him have it x

• BAMS
    Beginner November 2014
    BAMS ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know - fairly certain none of our guests will know what it is just perfect!

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrstobe2014 ·
    • Hide content

We're having You by Evanescence as the lyrics are beautiful Smiley smile

xxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics