Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

rockclimbingtigger
Beginner October 2009

Song help please for signing register.....

rockclimbingtigger, 21 September, 2009 at 12:06 Posted on Planning 0 15

Hi Ladies ?

Well its getting closer now.........

We are just trying to finalise all the music with our organist, but I'm really struggling to find something i like for signing the register? Wondered if you ladies could offer any suggestions of things I might not have considered.

Its a church wedding, FIL2B is the vicar. I want beautiful songs, but not too solemn as its supposed to be a happy ocassion!

I've heard a few "nice" ones, but nothing is grabbing me as "it". Could you guys let me know of any thoughts you have?

I'm just going into Grantham now to pay florist etc, so I'm not being rude not answering straight away and will reply on my return.

Hope everyone elses plans are going well!❤️

Em x

15 replies

Latest activity by pink alien, 21 September, 2009 at 20:10
  • Mitzi50
    Beginner June 2010
    Mitzi50 ·
    • Hide content

Hey, i havent looked much into this but everytime i mention it OH says we are having Jerusalem...he is a massive cricket fan and they play this when the team comes out, but it is also a really nice hymn (sp!?)

x

• jem179
    Beginner May 2010
    jem179 ·
    • Hide content

We are thinking of jesu, joy of man's desiring which is really nice as just the music...

• C
    Beginner October 2009
    CookieMonster ·
    • Hide content

Hello,

My OH and I are having a civil wedding, and are having U2's All I Want is You for the signing of the register. Perhaps its not really ideal for a church wedding but it's a thought ?

• WeddingPrincess
    Beginner June 2010
    WeddingPrincess ·
    • Hide content

I was just thinking about this last night! I have absolutely no idea at the moment but would be interested to see what everyone else says...

Sorry, bit of a pointless post really!

• ebee
    Beginner January 2008
    ebee ·
    • Hide content

We had Gabriel's Oboe the theme from The Mission I think ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvBT9sqXnew&feature=fvw I love it... ❤️

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

I'm having a civil ceremony but we will be having Rachmaniov's Rhapsody On A Theme Of Paganini (variation 18!) - I love it!! They use it on the Bellagio fountain show in Vegas and it makes me teary when I hear it :o)

• H
    Beginner December 2009
    happy&stressed ·
    • Hide content

Hi

We are having a civil ceremony and a classical guitarist, havent made any descisions but i love All i Ask from Phantom of the opera.

• Sandysounds
    Sandysounds ·
    • Hide content

I was at a wedding in a church recently where 'day by day' from Godspell was performed by the church choir...it was done beautifully.

• M
    Beginner July 2010
    mrslowndes2b ·
    • Hide content

Hi

were having a civil wedding not that sure if it would be suitable - but I really love the song (from the movie) City of Angels and I think the song in called Angels or In The Arms of The Angel

Hoping as its a civil service that song will be allowed as its not religious - it does refer to angels tho ? and that I OH will let me have it!!

x

• Mrs G x
    Beginner September 2009
    Mrs G x ·
    • Hide content

Hello we are having a church wedding and we are having two songs in the signing of the register we are having

ave maria and we have only just begun by the carpenters.

• lamby
    Beginner August 2010
    lamby ·
    • Hide content

I can't wait til we get to finalising the music bit, such fun! I'm walking down the aisle to songbird by eva cassidy but I think that's a beauty for the signing of the register too, very romantic but not too solemn. my friend had 'you raise me up' which was lovely too. think we are having so here we are by bloc party if the priest lets us! it's one of 'our' songs! there is so much choice isn't there? wish i wasn't at work as i could spend ages listing good possible songs! I don't know if you like dido? she's a bit love her or hate her i know but thank you is very lovely and think would sound nice in a church. maybe you and your fella should have an eve around the cd player with a bottle of wine and pick your favourites!

carpenters only just begun is a lovely choice - good thinking - so sweet x

let us know what you go for, happy choosing!

• lamby
    Beginner August 2010
    lamby ·
    • Hide content

Me again!

Sorry to stalk you!

I've thought of some more good 'uns (well, it is the last half hour of work after all - can I be bothered at this stage of the day on a monday?!)

rule the world - take that (our first dance song at the mo! could change a lot by next summer!)

annie's song - can't remember who it's by but you can have the instrumental or singy one, gorgeous

groovy kind of love - the troggs - or phil collins!!

from this moment on - shania twain

first day of my life - bright eyes - soooooooo gorgeous

greatest day - take that

the circle - ocean colour scene - a bit indy-ish, another of our possibles for church or wedding break

hope the florist went well! x

• Sandysounds
    Sandysounds ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

John Denver wrote the singy one and performed it

lots of people did intrumentals of this beautiful melody (originally from tchaikovsky).....one of my favourites is James Galway on flute

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

Hey Mrs Lowndes 2b - it's Angel by Sarah McLachlan. Lovely song and great singer ? You should be allowed to have it. We're having Sigur Ros and the Ronettes for our ceremony x

• rockclimbingtigger
    Beginner October 2009
    rockclimbingtigger ·
    • Hide content

Gosh thanks guys............?

You've got me googling madly now and checking youtube! Many thanks girls, and I'll definately let you know what I decide!

2.5 weeks to go....................Eeeek.

• pink alien
    Beginner May 2008
    pink alien ·
    • Hide content

We had 'Better Together' by Jack Johnson - my friend sang it for me and it was lovely!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics