Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Beginner November 2016

Song instead of a reading

1987RAF, 20 of June of 2016 at 21:35 Posted on Planning 0 5

So tonight, we have been going through the the order of things, picking our contradicting words etc for the registrar and neither of us want readings as they are all naff. We both like Elle Gouldings how long will I love you and it's only 2.5 mins long so will be about the same as a reading. Has anyone else had a song in the middle of the ceremony instead of a reading? I only ask as at the bottom of our form it talks about music being played beforehand, entrance, signing and exit.

Im going to mention it when I return the form and see what they say for certain but thought I would ask you lovely people too to see if anyone has done it.

5 replies

Latest activity by 1987RAF, 21 of June of 2016 at 16:41
  • 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

I attended a wedding last year that had a whole choir sing during the ceremony and had several readings... and at our wedding we are planning two short readings and a friend is going to sing for us- I can't see your plans being a problem!

• laurafish
    Beginner July 2016
    laurafish ·
    • Hide content

I agree, I also can't see it being a problem. However, if it is, I was at a wedding a few years ago where one of the readings was the lyrics to a song. Could that be a backup option?

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrs-Riley ·
    • Hide content

Will the guests just sit and listen to the song?

We almost chose lyrics from Slide Away by Oasis for one of our readings - I don't see it being a problem.

• DreamsComeTrue2015
    Beginner July 2017
    DreamsComeTrue2015 ·
    • Hide content

Are you going to play it or have someone sing it? Either way I think it will be lovely Smiley smile

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

Readings are usually quite short, less than a song. I think if you'd like a song then book a live musician to perform it, rather than playing a CD.

You will be playing music during the signing of the register, so if it a CD then you could play the whole song to them then.

Beginner November 2016
    1987RAF ·
    • Hide content

The readings in the book from the registry office were really long. Some of them spanned two A5 pages alsmost which is why we thought about the song instead. We just wanted to make it a bit longer then 20 mins and out, although that means more time for drinking I guess if wrapped up sooner rather than later.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics