Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Z
Beginner October 2010

"Songbird" by Eva Cassidy..

zobo1010, 13 January, 2010 at 12:24 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi Girls...

Im getting married in October and deciding songs to use for 'Walking up the Ailse'...

I really ,really , really want Songbird by Eva Cassidy, but i think its quite a long song, but i dont want to edit it, as its such a shame...

Im wondering if anyone has used this? or IS using this for theirs??

Did you let it play for a few moments before walking down the ailse?

Or would you suggest this?

Please help....

Thanks xx

4 replies

Latest activity by Beccy Sprout, 13 January, 2010 at 21:20
  • Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

This is the song I'm walking down the aisle to as well.

I will have my four flower girls walking in front of me and then myself and my dad. I haven't done the timings yet but nearer the time will borrow one of my neices and see how long I think it will take them to walk and then myself. Then just fade out once we're all there.

Hope that helps?

• HWS
    HWS ·
    • Hide content

Songbird has a 17 second intro, before she comes in with "For You..." so you could wait for her to start singing before making your entrance.

The second chorus comes in at 2:16 after the instrumental break, so if you faded out at 2:13 that would allow a whole 2 minutes of actual walk time down the aisle, which when timed is quite long.

The instrumental break starts at 1:24 so you could in fact fade out at any point after that if you ended up walking faster than expected, or you could simply stand and wait if you wish the track to continue a little longer.

Hope this helps Smiley smile

• Z
    Beginner October 2010
    zobo1010 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for that.. ive got my daughter whos a flowergirl, she'll be 2 then, so never took that into consideration!

probably take me 5 minutes to get her to walk to the front! lol...

yeh i think ill most likely fade it out, ill probably be at the front by the time the intrumental finishes, although its a shame as i like the 2nd verse too!

Thanks to both of you for getting back to me!!

• The BFG
    Beginner August 2010
    The BFG ·
    • Hide content

We are having a piper at our wedding and i will be walking down the aisle to Flower of Scotland, and then exiting to Gift of a Thistle, we are making a CD of some other music which we will have played while guests are arriving and being seated and also for signing the register.

I dont see a problem with playing your chosen song for a few moments before you enter / walk down the aisle. x

• Beccy Sprout
    Beginner
    Beccy Sprout ·
    • Hide content

I had this, but as our aisle was quite short we had this (well the All Angels version of it) as the first song when signing the register. I had the Jonathan Cain version of the Bridal march to walk down the aisle it was only 1.54 mins long and we waited before we set off but I promise you this ALL brides ALWAYS race down the aisle, you can't help it, you think you're going slow but you're not!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics