Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

warlycarly
Beginner September 2012

Songs for when the guests are being seated?

warlycarly, 8 February, 2012 at 12:11 Posted on Planning 0 13

I was told yesterday that i need about 4 or 5 songs to be playing while the guests are being seated. I hadnt thought about this before, what songs are you all having?

13 replies

Latest activity by Jason Clark DJ, 9 February, 2012 at 08:27
  • teapotty
    Beginner October 2013
    teapotty ·
    • Hide content

Oh no! Not more songs! I'm already struggling to decide for every other song we need!!

• Canary
    Beginner August 2013
    Canary ·
    • Hide content

I have down

Feeder - Buck Rodgers

Counting Crows - Accidently in Love

Quietdrive - Time after Time

I might put a few more in but that's it at the moment.

• Vee Tee
    Beginner April 2012
    Vee Tee ·
    • Hide content

I'd personally go instrumental, probably the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra or Vitamin String Quartet.

Alternatively movie themes (not because they're movie themes but cos they're some beautiful pieces of music) eg Braveheart, Titanic, the James Horner themes are gorgeous. Youtubes a good source of inspiration

I'm not having any though as my piper will be just outside the door and will be heard from inside.

• DarkMoomin
    Beginner June 2012
    DarkMoomin ·
    • Hide content

Because of the nature of pur venue, the time of ceremony, people travelling etc etc I think people may actuall;y start arriving about an hour before the ceremony, so I'm planning on having an hour of music to play to set the mood... we are having some quite gentle folky singer songwriter type tracks, a genre we both like, some beuatiful lyrics and sentiments and fitting for the pre ceremony I think.

Though a friend of mine had 'bad taste' songs before hers!

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yea agree instrumental is the way to go ?

• lurvlytwink
    Beginner June 2012
    lurvlytwink ·
    • Hide content

I'm having instrumental while people are being seated but also i am having it for about an hour as a previous post says due to peopl earriving early.

I am looking at the moment because of it being valentines so on the look out for a CD rather than having to download MP3s

saying that though, as our exit music we're having trance music...

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

We have only been asked for 1 song I think. But OH picked an 8 minute sigur ros track so that will hopefully be ok!

• C
    Beginner April 2012
    clarabella1972 ·
    • Hide content

Yikes - I've not even thought about it. I have a lot of music to pick!

• xx Mrs Amor to be xx
    Beginner September 2012
    xx Mrs Amor to be xx ·
    • Hide content

I hadn't thought either until someone asked me, so I have a few listed down now, here are some of them;

Richard Marx - I will be right here waiting Kelly Rowland - this is love Netwton Faulkner - Dream Catch me Leona Lewis - A moment like this Overtones - Have I told you lately Alicia Keys - Never felt this way Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars Bruno Mars - Think I wanna mary you Adele- Make you feel my love

Charlene Soraia - Wherever you will go

?xx

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

I'm going for instrumental too. The signing the register and exit songs are songs with words though. I have this album:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wedding-The-Essential-Collection/dp/B002HSLQS8

The first song is my entrance music. But many of the others and pretty, and calming (and LONG) so I may play some of those whilst people arrive. Or I should said my Uncle will, he is our music man for the ceremony ;-)

• R
    Beginner May 2012
    ruby_tuesday ·
    • Hide content

Flower Duet, Rhapsody by rachmaninoff, Salut D'amour - Whilst guests are seated

Music of the Night from Phopera for the procession

Clair de Lune and Romance in F for the register

Either Arrival of the Queen of Sheba or La Réjouissance from The royal fireworks music for the recessional.

All performed by String Quartet

• D
    Beginner February 2012
    Dani1984 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

all being played by our string quartet

1. Puccini Nessun Dorma
    2. Handel Music from the Royal Fireworks
    3. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory - Pure Imagination
    4. U2 With or Without You
    5. Lloyd Webber Music of the Night
    6. Arlen Over the rainbow
    7. We Have All the Time in the World
    8. Menken Tale as old as time
  • BridalButterfly2012
    Beginner June 2012
    BridalButterfly2012 ·
    • Hide content

I am having kelly clarkson - a moment like this and beatles song not too sure of the title OH picked this one.

• Jason Clark DJ
    Jason Clark DJ ·
    • Hide content

This is traditioanlly the grooms choice - and I made sure there was a pretty eclectic mix.

From memory;

She - Elvis Constello

Oasis - Songbird

Queen - You're my best fried

errr, I can't remember what else, it was a few month ago!

However, the classical music we both like is a bit dark for a wedding, and I picked a few songs from some rom-coms we both like, and also a few personal favs and then know there are a few Queen fans in the family...

To be honest, as a groom, you don't really notice the music.. The bride will be upstairs having last minute photos or make-up.

So, my advice would be to pick whatever music you enjoy and don't worry too much about tradition ?

There are 2 important songs at this time of day, the Brides entrance, and the newly weds exit.

I think at our Wedding, the entire ceremony was over in 30mins. This included 2 readings, so its pretty quick.

I have helped a few couples with this music. When we discuss their musical preferences I have helped to suggest a selection of tracks for those that are really struggling.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics